Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to predict gene structure from RNA-seq data?

Hi all,

I have RNA-seq data that I would like to use to predict gene structures in mapping them on a reference genome.

FYI, I started from Illumina (75bp) and 454 single read RNA-seq data. I was able to map RNA-seq data by simply blasting RNA-seq sequences on the genomic location of interest. The mapping results allow to identify the structure of the gene (exons & introns boundaries) but I now need a tool to merge them all in one CDS sequence (from ATG to STOP codon).

I tried several tools such as Splign, EST2Genome, but they all give individual gene structures from every individual RNA-seq read. They don't merge them all in one complete gene structure.

Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed? Do you know any tool/software being able to automatically "predict" gene structure using a reference genome and expression sequence data (EST, RNA-seq, etc)?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Laurent

If you have a reference genome, i would advise you to use tophat and cufflinks. The alignment sam/bam of tophat can be assembled into transcripts by cufflinks.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
      Yesterday, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses