Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene expression analysis-comparsion

I have normal tissue (control A, control B) and abnormal tissue (treatment A, treatment B). I need to do differential gene expression analysis. How can I get up regulated and down regulated genes occur in normal tissue and abnormal tissue?. What are the steps to followed. The below are my steps, I think my procedure bit confusing, please better way to compare?

1. I have transcript of normal tissue (control A ,control B) and replicate tissue (treatment A, and treatment B).
    2. I have denovo assembled separately (control A, control B, treatment A and treatment B transcriptome) and read mapped each reads to denovo assembled to each one
    3.Got FPKM value for each control A, control B, treament A and treatment B.
    4.How to get up regulated gene and down regulated gene for comparing normal and abnormal tissue?

You can't get valid differential FPKMs by mapping reads to their own denovo assembly; they all need to be mapped to the same reference.

Comment

Do I need do denovo assemble all samples (control A, control B and treatment A and treatment B) all in one reference?
      Then how can I compare to control A, treatment A and control B, treatment B and get up-regulated and down regulated genes?

Comment

You don't denovo assemble anything.

You map the 4 samples to the same reference genome using a mapper like BWA, bowtie, or if you are sequencing something that alternate splices a mapper like tophat or rna-star.

You then use some kind of gene counter like htseq-count to determine reads per gene, and finally you use something that determines differential gene expression like DESeq.

Having said that, you only have duplicates, so any statistics generated will be dodgy.

Comment

I don't have reference genome and also I dont know close reference genome.
          Can I do denovo assembly of transcripts reads (control A, control B, treatment A and treatment B)?
          Map each reads (controlA.fastq, controlB.fastq, treatmentA.fastq and treatmentB.fastq) to denovo assembled transcriptome?.
          Getting mapped reads and do gene expression analysis?. Then how can i compare (control A, treatment A to control B and treatment B)?. Get up-regulated and down regulated genes?

Comment

Ummm.... you are in trouble.

I'd dump all the reads from all experiments into 1 big file then do a de novo assembly.

Then turn that into your reference genome, and map each sample back against it.

If you are lucky you'll end up with a bunch of differentially expressed contigs, which you can then blast to determine what genes they are likely to represent.

Alot depends on the complexity of the organism.

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
              I'd dump all the reads from all experiments into 1 big file then do a de novo assembly.

Then turn that into your reference transcriptome, and map each sample back against it.

If you are lucky you'll end up with a bunch of differentially expressed contigs, which you can then blast to determine what genes they are likely to represent.
              Agreed; that's what I'd do.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses