X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Error

Hello All

I am using Trinity for assembly i have prob
    Monday, May 25, 2015: 12:29:04 CMD: /home/user/Desktop/sarika/trinityrnaseq-2.0.6/trinity-plugins/fastool/fastool --illumina-trinity --to-fasta seq_cr1.output.qtrim.fq >> single.fa 2> seq_cr1.output.qtrim.fq.readcount
    -------------------------------------------
    ----------- Jellyfish --------------------
    -- (building a k-mer catalog from reads) --
    -------------------------------------------

Monday, May 25, 2015: 12:29:04 CMD: /home/user/Desktop/sarika/trinityrnaseq-2.0.6/trinity-plugins/jellyfish/bin/jellyfish count -t 6 -m 25 -s 7666907757 --canonical single.fa 2> /dev/null
    bash: line 1: 24275 Aborted (core dumped) /home/user/Desktop/sarika/trinityrnaseq-2.0.6/trinity-plugins/jellyfish/bin/jellyfish count -t 6 -m 25 -s 7666907757 --canonical single.fa 2> /dev/null
    Trinity run failed. Must investigate error above.

I'm having this same problem. Help

Comment

What is in this file: your_sample_name.output.qtrim.fq.readcount?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
        What is in this file: your_sample_name.output.qtrim.fq.readcount?
        This number 8568633

Comment

Trinity requires significant amount of RAM. How much do you have available on the machine you are running this on? Does the error occur right away? What size is your input dataset?

Comment

The server I use has 33 Gigs of RAM, but I could be allowed to use only a fraction of that memory because the server is shared. My read file is about 2GB and the error is occurring about 2 minutes after running the command.

Comment

Look at the memory angle. Also it would help to post the exact error you are getting for further diagnosis.

Comment

So I just tried the command again to show you the error message and guess what? It worked!! It's still at 4% but at least it's progressing.

I checked the earlier run's log file to see why it halted. It's probably because I set max_memory to 30GB. 20GB made it work. Or, it could be just luck.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses