SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Ion Torrent

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amplification-Ion torrent MonaE Introductions 0 07-18-2013 01:57 PM
Ion Torrent $1000 Genome!? Benchtop Ion Proton Sequencer aeonsim Ion Torrent 88 10-28-2012 04:50 AM
isothermal bridge PCR weiwenge Illumina/Solexa 0 01-17-2010 09:48 PM

Old 05-10-2016, 11:43 PM   #1
rsato

Default Ion Isothermal Amplification Chemistry

Hi everyone,,

We heard "Isothermal product" for Ion Torrent has been already released in the US.

Please read below, about the kit in detail. This have described 2 years ago.

【Ion Isothermal Amplification Chemistry】
Ion Isothermal Amplification Chemistry, formerly known as Avalanche, is a new, single-tube chemistry delivers isothermal amplification of 500 bp library templates in as little as 30 minutes. The complete template preparation process takes just two hours, and will enable the industry's fastest benchtop sequencing workflow.

I would like to know any information of the kit, for example "Accuracy", "Read length" "ISP summary" "Release time in other countries" "Required version of Ion suite software"......

Has anyone used the chemistry?

Thank you for your cooperation.

rsato
rsato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
skbrimer

Hi rsato,

Yes it has been released and I have played with it on a few control libraries. It performs well and the read lengths are 500+ like they promised. They now have a 600bp kit if you have the IonChef. I have not played with that one yet.

The general workflow for the IC works really well and is quick. It says it in the documentation but you get a higher polyclonal % with this kit. I think if you have the time to titrate the input down and test it could be greatly reduced. However I do not know the cut off for the polyclonal/throughput trade off will be.

I attached the run summary to this post so you can see the answers to most of your questions.

Cheers
Sean
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Auto_user_SN1-186-Ecoli_control_baseline_250 (2).pdf (801.1 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by skbrimer; 11-14-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: for got to sign it
skbrimer is offline   Reply With Quote