SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Ion Torrent

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bacterial and viral genome sequencing with illumina myseq create.share Illumina/Solexa 2 05-09-2014 12:26 AM
viral genome alignment mathew Bioinformatics 8 12-03-2012 08:33 AM
Helicos sequencing: Single-Molecule DNA Sequencing of a Viral Genome eldfors Literature Watch 1 04-04-2008 08:19 AM

Old 10-31-2016, 01:56 AM   #1
Hany

Default Viral genome sequencing

I want to perform whole viral genome sequencing on ION PGM and I donot have specific primers for it.
Are this kit ( Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit for AB Library Builder™ System cat no.4482416) compatible for my application ?
Hany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #2
r.rosati

It is marketed as the automated version of the Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2, which is compatible with viral transcriptomes.
But you're going to make Thermo a call anyways, to correctly gauge the quantity of other reagents... so you might as well ask them directly, and be sure.
r.rosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
Hany

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.rosati View Post
It is marketed as the automated version of the Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2, which is compatible with viral transcriptomes.
But you're going to make Thermo a call anyways, to correctly gauge the quantity of other reagents... so you might as well ask them directly, and be sure.
Dear/rosati
Thanks for your care and reply
I know this kit (Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2), but this specific for manual library and I have automated library builder that require ( Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit for AB Library Builder™ System cat no.4482416)
But in case of these two kit , a big problem will face me that the host RNA will interfer with the viral RNA and this will make big noisy in my data in analysis stage.
if you know solution for my problem ,Please contact on my email: hany.kamal@nci.cu.edu.eg
Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Hnay
Hany is offline   Reply With Quote