No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wise eternal compilation error!

Hello,

I am trying to run CEGMA, but I am not able to compile genewise in order to do so. I've followed so many different tutorials, but still I could find the answer for my problem. I am Biology guy, so I have no idea what is happening. I will appreciate any help because I've tried so many things without any success.

The problem in the compilation is in this specific command:

gcc -g -o estwise estwise.o geneparser21.o geneparameter.o genestats.o genewisehsp.o geneutil.o geneoutput.o threestatemodel.o genefrequency.o splicesitemodeler.o genewise4.o genewise6.o genestretch6.o genewise21.o geneloop21.o geneloop6.o gwlite.o gwlitemodel.o gwrap.o matchsum.o estwrap.o genewisemodel.o cdparser.o genedisplay.o estwise3.o estslim3.o estloop3.o estfrag3.o estslimloop.o gwquickdb.o threestatedb.o pfamhmmer1db.o pwmdna.o wise2xhmmer2.o genewisemodeldb.o seqhit.o standardout.o geneparser4.o sw_wrap.o abc.o pba.o seqaligndisplay.o dbadisplay.o proteinsw.o estquick3.o -g -L../base/ -L../dynlibsrc/ -L../HMMer2/ -lpthread `pkg-config --libs glib-2.0` -lhmmer -ldyna_glib -ldyna -lwisebase -lm

And the output is:

../dynlibsrc//libdyna_glib.a(hsp.o): In function `Wise2_add_pair_HSPmanager':
    hsp.c.text+0x1432): undefined reference to `g_hash_table_lookup'
    hsp.c.text+0x1568): undefined reference to `g_hash_table_insert'
    ../dynlibsrc//libdyna_glib.a(hsp.o): In function `Wise2_add_new_HSP_HSPmanager':
    hsp.c.text+0x1618): undefined reference to `g_hash_table_lookup'
    hsp.c.text+0x16b8): undefined reference to `g_hash_table_insert'
    ../dynlibsrc//libdyna_glib.a(hsp.o): In function `Wise2_free_HSPmanager':
    [.......]

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [estwise] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oliveira/Downloads/wise2.2.3-rc7/src/models'
    make: *** [realall] Error 2

Thank you very much and I'm looking forward for any help,
    Best regards André

What OS are you doing this compilation on? You may have to install libglib2.0-dev package based on the errors above.

Comment

GeneMax I'm running in Ubuntu-Linux. I already installed that library and modified the makefile to include the libglib2.0 during the compilation, but still the error persists.

Comment

Where did you install the libglib2-0? How did you modify the makefile?

Comment

The libglib2-0 was installed via apt-get, and I modified the make file with the following command lines:

find ./ -type f -name "makefile" -exec sed -i.old 's/glib-config --libs/pkg-config --libs glib-2.0/g' "{}" +;
          find ./ -type f -name "makefile" -exec sed -i.old 's/glib-config --cflags/pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0/g' "{}" +;

Comment

If you used apt-get then the library should be in the default path. Can you try adding library option "-lglib-2.0" instead of the modification you tried?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses