No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get wrong when I do de novo assembly by trinity for two 22.6G reads file

Hello,everyone.

I am using Trinity(v2012-06-08) for de novo assembly, and the size of paired end reads files is 45.1G (2*22.6G), I used the followed command to do this:
    perl Trinity.pl --seqType fq --JM 80G --left mixed_1.fq --right mixed_2.fq --min_contig_length 200 --CPU 10

but this message was gived back to me:

Error, the Chrysalis process failed:
    Error, cmd: /home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/Chrysalis/Chrysalis -i both.fa -iworm /home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/trinity_out_dir/inchworm.K25.L25.DS.fa -o chrysalis -cpu 10 -min_glue 2 -min_iso_ratio 0.05 -glue_factor 0.05 -weldmer_size 48 -min 200 -dist 500 -max_reads 20000000 -max_mem_reads 1000000 -paired -butterfly /home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/Butterfly/Butterfly.jar 2>&1 died with ret 65280 at Trinity.pl line 1128.
    at Trinity.pl line 808
    main::run_chrysalis('/home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/trinity_out_dir...', 'both.fa', 200, 500, undef) called at Trinity.pl line 681

what happened? Who can help me?

Is there a message before the one you mention? Basically the message you gave is from Trinity.pl. What we need the is the message from Chrysalis.

Comment

Originally posted by westerman View Post
      Is there a message before the one you mention? Basically the message you gave is from Trinity.pl. What we need the is the message from Chrysalis.
      Yes, there is a error message before taht one:

CMD: /home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/Chrysalis//../util/alignReads.pl --target /home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/trinity_out_dir/inchworm.K25.L25.DS.fa --aligner bowtie --seqType fa --single both.fa -o iworm_bowtie --retain_SAM_files -- -a -m 20 --best --strata --threads 10 --quiet --chunkmbs 512
      Error, path to required bowtie-build cannot be found at /home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/Chrysalis//../util/alignReads.pl line 206.
      COMMAND: /home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/Chrysalis//../util/alignReads.pl --target /home/mbl/softwares/trinityrnaseq_r2012-06-08/trinity_out_dir/inchworm.K25.L25.DS.fa --aligner bowtie --seqType fa --single both.fa -o iworm_bowtie --retain_SAM_files -- -a -m 20 --best --strata --threads 10 --quiet --chunkmbs 512
      Died with exit code 256
      Exiting.
      time(seconds) unlimited
      file(blocks) unlimited
      data(kbytes) unlimited
      stack(kbytes) unlimited
      coredump(blocks) 0
      memory(kbytes) unlimited
      locked memory(kbytes) 64
      process 772865
      nofiles 1024
      vmemory(kbytes) unlimited
      locks unlimited

Comment

have you installed bowtie?

It seems as if Trinity can't font Bowtie. Do you have it installed and in yout $PATH?

when you type 'which bowtie-build' on the command line, what does it say?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by peromhc View Post
          It seems as if Trinity can't font Bowtie. Do you have it installed and in yout $PATH?

when you type 'which bowtie-build' on the command line, what does it say?

Matt

both bowtie and bowtie2 bave been installed and in the $PATH
          I tried trinity again and it seens that bowtie2 make a mistake, when I change to use bowtie1, it's OK

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses