Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem installing cufflinks

there was no problem configuring Cufflinks v2.02 but when i make it i get an error like this

Code:
    make  all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/media/sda8/bharat/genomes/cufflinks-2.0.2'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/media/sda8/bharat/genomes/cufflinks-2.0.2/src'
    if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I../src  -I/usr/include  -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wunused -Wuninitialized -m64 -O3  -DNDEBUG  -pthread -I usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include  -MT clustering.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/clustering.Tpo" -c -o clustering.o clustering.cpp; \
            then mv -f ".deps/clustering.Tpo" ".deps/clustering.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/clustering.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I../src  -I/usr/include  -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wunused -Wuninitialized -m64 -O3  -DNDEBUG  -pthread -I usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include  -MT differential.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/differential.Tpo" -c -o differential.o differential.cpp; \
            then mv -f ".deps/differential.Tpo" ".deps/differential.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/differential.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    In file included from hits.h:21:0,
                     from abundances.h:23,
                     from differential.cpp:17:
    common.h:25:25: error: 'boost::BOOST_FOREACH' has not been declared
    In file included from differential.h:29:0,
                     from differential.cpp:18:
    replicates.h: In member function 'bool ReplicatedBundleFactory::next_bundle(HitBundle&)':
    replicates.h:152:50: warning: unused variable 's2' [-Wunused-variable]
    In file included from differential.cpp:18:0:
    differential.h: In constructor 'FPKMContext::FPKMContext(double, double, double,                                                                                uble, AbundanceStatus, const StatusPerReplicateTable&)':
    differential.h:142:21: warning: 'FPKMContext::status' will be initialized after
    differential.h:139:29: warning:   'StatusPerReplicateTable FPKMContext::status_p
    differential.h:131:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
    differential.cpp: In member function 'void TestLauncher::perform_testing(std::ve
    differential.cpp:212:31: warning: unused variable 's2' [-Wunused-variable]
    differential.cpp: In member function 'void TestLauncher::record_tracking_data(st
    differential.cpp:240:31: warning: unused variable 's2' [-Wunused-variable]
    differential.cpp: In function 'SampleDifference get_ds_tests(const AbundanceGrou
    differential.cpp:790:16: warning: unused variable 'name' [-Wunused-variable]
    differential.cpp: In function 'void test_differential(const string&, const std::
    differential.cpp:1771:83: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned intege
    differential.cpp:1772:83: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned intege
    differential.cpp:1814:83: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned intege
    differential.cpp:1815:83: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned intege
    differential.cpp:1856:83: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned intege
    differential.cpp:1857:83: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned intege
    make[2]: *** [differential.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/sda8/bharat/genomes/cufflinks-2.0.2/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/sda8/bharat/genomes/cufflinks-2.0.2'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont understand where to troubleshoot. All boost1.52 and Eigen libraries are copied in /usr/local/lib
    Last edited by bharat_iyengar; 12-16-2012, 09:36 PM.

Try using boost version 1.47. I think I had a similar issue when trying using the latest version of boost, which was 1.51. The version specified by cufflinks in the manual is 1.47, I think.

Comment

I had corrected that particular problem,which was because of improper definition of a variable. But then another one appeared which is perhaps because boost_system library is not linked during compilation.

this is what is written in Cufflinks Manual.

If you see any errors during configuration, verify that you are using Boost version 1.47 or higher
      I shall nonetheless try 1.47/48

I have observed that this is a general problem with others using boost libraries.
      Last edited by bharat_iyengar; 12-17-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Unless the developers of cufflinks tested every single release of boost beyond 1.47, that statement doesn't really mean much. It is possible for newer libraries to not work on software that was designed on older versions of those libraries.

I just confirmed that my system has 1.47 installed - try that version.

Comment

i shall try. thanks

Comment

Also, make sure $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is defined as the path to the dynamic boost library files (the .so files)

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses