No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NovoPackage, Python tools for analysis of CLIP, CRAC or RNA seq data

Hi All,

CLIP/CRAC is an assay that allow researchers to identify direct interactions between proteins and RNA. Proteins are covalently cross-linked to RNA and the RNA is shortened using RNAses. We subsequently ligate adapters to each end and either do Sanger sequencing or if we expect the protein has multiple binding sites or binds lots of different RNAs we do Illumina Solexa sequencing

I've written a number of scripts in Python that I think are quite useful in processing the data. The scripts take a Novoalign or SAM output (single or paired end) and GTF files and can calculate UTR/intron overlap (for genes and transcripts), number of hits for each gene (sense or anti-sense), generate output files for viewing in genome browser (.sgr and GTF). These scripts can also remove repetitive reads, reads with multiple alignment locations and also count clusters (i.e. an assembly of reads that contain at least two overlapping reads). I've also written scripts to deal with barcoded 5' linkers, scripts that can generate nice multiple sequence alignments (more flexible I think than SAMtools) and generate simple pileups. Alignments can be generated for both genomic transcript sequences or coding sequences, if you expect that your protein only binds to mature mRNAs.

If anybody is interested in trying these scripts, please let me know.
    So far they have only been tested on Linux and MacOSX.

G
    I've also written python Novoalign, SAM and GTF classes that can be used to parse these file-types and with a few lines of code you can link to these parsers in your own scripts. I realise that there are tons of programs out there but I designed these programs to be user friendly and, as mentioned before, they can be quite easily incorporated into your own scripts.

I'm looking for volunteers interested in testing these scripts. They are still a work in progress but they could be quite useful to people doing a lot of RNAseq, CLIP or CRAC.

Hi. I am very much interested in using your scripts. Currently, I am working on one CLIP-SEQ set. Initially, I used ChIP-SEQ analysis tool (cisgenome), thinking that it might be similar. According to recent papers, CLIP-SEQ labs seem to use their own methods Do you also statistical model for CLIP-clusters? Please email me at [email protected]. Sung-Min

Comment

CLIP-Seq data analysis

Hi,

I am interested to go over the scripts. We have some CLIP-seq data and we are mainly focusing on finding TF sites and the peaks for our data. Can you please e-mail those scripts to [email protected].

Thanks,

Diya

Comment

Cool

I am definitely interested in your scripts as well. We would definitely try them with our RNAseq data. Could you please
        Send them to [email protected]
        Thanks!
        -Rich

Comment

Very interested in scripts

Hi g_ronimo, I am also keen on testing your scripts since we are working with CLIP-Seq and small RNAs.
          I would appreciate if you could send me any script and I would give you inmediate feedback.
          My e-mail is [email protected]
          Best Regards

Álvaro

Comment

i am interested

kindly mail me with details or web links, I am interested to test your scripts for CLIP
            balaji
            Last edited by balaji; 01-31-2013, 01:18 AM. Reason: removed my email never got a reply

Comment

I am interested to test your scripts for small RNAs. Could you please
              Send them to [email protected]
              Thanks!

Comment

I would like to try your scripts for CLIP-seq
                Thanks
                Mali

Comment

Yes, I am definitely happy to test your scripts.
                  Thanks~!
                  Last edited by orchidae; 07-14-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Hi Please send me also

send it to [email protected]

Thanx a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Please send it to [email protected]
                      Thanks!

Comment

Hi g_romino,
                        Hope you're still responding to this thread.
                        I would like to try your scripts for my CLIP.
                        Could you please send it to [email protected] ?
                        Thank you!

Comment

Hi g_romino,
                          I would like to try your scripts for our lab CLIP-seq.
                          Could you please send it to [email protected] or [email protected]?
                          Thanks!

Comment

Extremely interested to test your script ....

Hi g_romino,

I am extremely interested to test your script. I will be very happy if you send ([email protected]) me your script with manual or help file.

Jewel
                            Last edited by jewel365; 11-27-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Are these scripts now available as a stable release?

Matt

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses