No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of qseq.txt format to fastq

Hello Folks,

Could any one please let me know,if their is a way to convert the qseq.txt format files of illumina to fastq format. I finished my run and I would like to align my reads to ref seq using MAQ. MAQ requires the read data to be in fastq. Currently I've my data in qseq.txt format.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rakesh

Using the forums search tool would have found these threads:

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Comment

You can try the following one liner in Bash: go to where those _qseq.txt files locate, and if those qseq.txt are in form of s_N_1_M_qseq.txt where N is lane number (1-8), M is tile number (1-120), then

Code:
      $ for ((x=1;x<=8;x+=1)); do cat s_"$x"_1_*_qseq.txt | awk -F '\t' '{gsub(/\./,"N", $9); if ($11 > 0) printf("@%s_%04d:%s:%s:%s:%s#%s/%s\n%s\n+%s_%04d:%s:%s:%s:%s#%s/%s\n%s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$10)}' > s_"$x"_sequence.fastq; done
      The resulting s_N_sequence.fastq (N is 1->8) are the 8 fastq files you will need.

Comment

Hi Dukeven,

On the Unix machine, I went to the directory where my qse.txt file were and typed in the command Bash and pasted your code

$ for ((x=1;x<=8;x+=1)); do cat s_"$x"_1_*_qseq.txt | awk -F '\t' '{gsub(/\./,"N", $9); if ($11 > 0) printf("@%s_%04d:%s:%s:%s:%s#%s/%s\n%s\n+%s_%04d:%s:%s:%s:%s#%s/%s\n%s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$10)}' > s_"$x"_sequence.fastq; done

It shows:

syntax error near unexpected token `('

I'm new so....... not sure why it doesn't work

Thanks

Comment

It works just fine here. Dont know why you got that error. Just to be sure that the command should be in one line only in your terminal.

Comment

rakeshponnala you had this $ 5 instead of $5

Comment

I ran the script, and msg is "syntax error near unexpected token `('"

Comment

Maybe I am missing something, but why don't you use the normal Illumina pipeline with Casava?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses