Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChIP-Seq: High-resolution genome-wide in vivo footprinting of diverse transcription f

Syndicated from PubMed RSS Feeds

High-resolution genome-wide in vivo footprinting of diverse transcription factors in human cells.

Genome Res. 2010 Nov 24;

Authors: Boyle AP, Song L, Lee BK, London D, Keefe D, Birney E, Iyer VR, Crawford GE, Furey TS

Regulation of gene transcription in diverse cell types is largely determined by varied sets of cis-elements where transcription factors bind. Here we demonstrate that data from a single high-throughput DNaseI hypersensitivity assay can delineate hundreds of thousands of base-pair resolution in vivo footprints in human cells that precisely mark individual transcription factor-DNA interactions. These annotations provide a unique resource for the investigation of cis-regulatory elements. We find that footprints for specific transcription factors correlate with ChIP-seq enrichment and can accurately identify functional vs. non-functional transcription factor motifs. We also find that footprints reveal a unique evolutionary conservation pattern that differentiates functional footprinted bases from surrounding DNA. Finally, detailed analysis of CTCF footprints suggests multiple modes of binding and a novel DNA binding motif upstream of the primary binding site.

PMID: 21106903 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

More...

Hi, I downloaded DNase-seq data from ENCODE (http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/golde...eChromatinMap/) - probably the data used in this paper and I tried to re-map them using Bowtie with the parameters (-m 4 -v 2) as described in this paper (I quoted below). However, the mapping rate was very low, i.e. less than 10% of reads were reported and around 90% of reads were suppressed due to mapping to more than 4 locations. I think this was because read length of the DNase-seq data is too short (20bp) .

So, I applied another mapping option (-v 0 -m 1) that does not allow any mismatches and reports only unique-mapped reads, and I found that the mapping rate was dramatically increased (~ 60% of reads were reported; ~ 10% of reads failed to map). I am just wondering if this option is OK for the DNase-seq data or if anyone can give some suggestions for mapping this kind of data?

Many thanks!

Raw sequence data from technical replicates for each cell type were combined and aligned to the March 2006 (hg18) assembly with MAQ (Li et al. 2008). We retained all sequences that aligned to, at most, four genomic locations and that contained, at most, two mismatches. Those sequences that aligned to multiple genomic locations were randomly assigned one of these locations by MAQ.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses