No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export from MAQ to EagleViewer

Hi,

I would like to know if someone has tried to export a MAQ map file to be able to see it on the EagleViewer (http://bioinformatics.bc.edu/marthlab/EagleView)

maqview

Why not just use maqview?

http://maq.sourceforge.net/maqview.shtml

Comment

yes, i also have a problem with maqview. Maqview depends on OpenGl, which looks hard to install on my machine.

anybody know where to download and to install OpenGL?

Thanks!

Comment

Eagle view?

I would also like to know about this. I have paired end data and have been using maq succusfully but looking for a good viewer to support the alignments.

Maqview in theory would be great, but its difficult to build and their are compatibility problems with the new O.7.1.

But on a seperate but parrellel note, viewing the post-processed filtered alignments locally for the end user is many times perferable on a PC. As the GUI interface through Xterm isnt always possible or perferred.

Anyway, many people are having problems with maqview install not the utility or output of maqview but its installation and compatibility. I think its dependence on OPENGL has greated problems for us and others to install and there are problems using it with the latest maqview .maps.

Eagleview or Maqview would be a great complement to this system!

Originally posted by fadista View Post
        Hi,

I would like to know if someone has tried to export a MAQ map file to be able to see it on the EagleViewer (http://bioinformatics.bc.edu/marthlab/EagleView)

Comment

I tried eagleview last year, but ran into problems and never got them to fix!

Anyone else having experience with viewing maq alignments efficiently, and for free
          --
          bioinfosm

Comment

tview

The tview alignment viewer is very simplistic but I have found it better than maqview (it comes as part of samtools). You can convert a maq alignment to a binary SAM file using the maq2sam-long binary that comes with samtools.

Ryan

Originally posted by bioinfosm View Post
            I tried eagleview last year, but ran into problems and never got them to fix!

Anyone else having experience with viewing maq alignments efficiently, and for free

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses