Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from CDS/genome sequences to gff file

I inherited the database of CDS and genome. Wonder if there is an easy way to generate the gff3 file or any version of gff file.

Thanks.

Hi,
    Which database are you refering to? You make have to look carefully as some databases provide annotation files which would have information about location of the CDS on the genome. It may be of another type which you will have to convert to gff3.
    Should you not find it, you may have to align the CDS to the genome. However, this option has some limitations:
    - Parameters for aligning them may not gaurantee their exact locations (e.g paralogs)
    - Some may not align eventhough you are sure they are from that genome.

In anycase, this would be the lizard over the croccodile choice.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

The databases are sequence databases (both are fasta files)

Comment

Hi capricy,

As I am also in almost similar situation like you (I've protein and genome, looking to generate gff), I am interested to know the approach you take to achieve it ...

Thanks.

Comment

Hi capricy,
          I was requesting for the name of the database. Can you also provide the URL to the data-sets which you've downloaded? I should take a look at it. Like I mention earlier, in the absence of such a file, you may have to align the CDS to the genome with your prefered tools

Comment

Hi capricy,
            I was requesting for the name of the database. Can you also provide the URL to the data-sets which you've downloaded? I should take a look at it. Like I mention earlier, in the absence of such a file, you may have to align the CDS to the genome with your prefered tools
            @fahmida, this goes same for you. There should be information about the CDS that gave those proteins. It is 'confortable' to align CDS than proteins.

Comment

Hi, Apexy,

My databases came from the collaborator, not downloadable yet, and they are plain sequence text. As you pointed out, aligning itself has issues. So we decided to use other databases with available gff files.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Capricy

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses