No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spades: Failed to determine erroneous kmer threshold. Threshold set to: 22

Hi,
    Thank you for developing SPAdes for hybrid assembly.

I tried to assemble Illumina pair-end with Oxford Nanopore Sequence for plant mitochondrial genome assembly.
    Before carried out, I used BBMAP to trim adapters and normalize Illumina data. I have used the commands for trim adapters:
    bbmap$ ./bbduk.sh -Xmx1g in=read1.fastq in2=read2.fastq out=trim_read1.fastq out2=trim_read2.fastq ktrim=r k=23 mink=11 hdist=1 ref=resources/adapters.fa tbo tpe

for normalize:
    $./bbnorm.sh in=trim_read1.fastq in2=trim_read2.fastq out=norm_read1.fastq out2=norm_rread2.fastq target=100 min=5

Then, I used these Illumina pair-end reads with Oxford nanopore and the commands as follows:
    $ ./spades.py -k 99 --pe1-1 norm_read1.fastq --pe1-2 norm_read2.fastq --nanopore nano_read.fastq --careful --cov-cutoff 90 -o hybrid_assembly -m 188.

When I run using this command, I have got an error message as:
    ======= SPAdes pipeline finished WITH WARNINGS!

=== Error correction and assembling warnings:
    * 8:48:41.078 34G / 56G WARN General (kmer_coverage_model.cpp : 218) Too many erroneous kmers, the estimates might be unreliable
    * 8:48:41.472 34G / 56G WARN General (kmer_coverage_model.cpp : 327) Valley value was estimated improperly, reset to 22
    * 8:48:41.477 34G / 56G WARN General (kmer_coverage_model.cpp : 366) Failed to determine erroneous kmer threshold. Threshold set to: 22

I am herewith enclosing spades.log file for your reference. Please find and suggest me what could be the problem and how to solve it..

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses