Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuffdiff with more than two samples

Recently,I'm using Cufflinks to process my RNA-seq data,and I have 4 tissues(more than two).In the mannual of cuffdiff,you said,if more than two are provided, Cuffdiff tests for differential expression and regulation between all pairs of samples. But when I used the cuffdiff,it only report one pairs of samples.There was only one gene_exp.diff in the output directory.Command was just as below,
    ======================================
    cuffdiff -o DEG_cuffdiff -p 20 cuffcmp.combined.gtf ./tophat_sd/accepted_hits.bam ./tophat_em/accepted_hits.bam tophat_en1/accepted_hits.bam ./tophat_en2/accepted_hits.bam
    ======================================
    What's my problem in using cuffdiff?
    Also I want to compare gene expression of duplicate gene pairs, and is it neccesery to remove the reads that mapped to multiple location in the BAM file generated by Tophat as duplicate gene pairs have high sequence similarity ?
    Thanks!

For Question 1:

Yes, Cuffdiff would only generate one output even though you have more than one comparisons. However, all other comparisons are also included in that file. Check the output file more carefully.

Comment

I have checked the outpu directory.

In fact, I have checked the outpu directory, and there are only 11 files as follows:cds.diff , cds_exp.diff,genes.fpkm_tracking, isoforms.fpkm_tracking ,splicing.diff, tss_groups.fpkm_tracking , cds.fpkm_tracking , gene_exp.diff isoform_exp.diff , promoters.diff , tss_group_exp.diff. And I did not find any other comparison files between genes.
      I have posted this problem on the other thread ,and his met the similar issue.
      Application of sequencing to RNA analysis (RNA-Seq, whole transcriptome, SAGE, expression analysis, novel organism mining, splice variants)

Comment

I am not quite sure right now for your case. But I did this before and I can get all the comparisons. For example, if I open the gene_exp.diff file, I will have the q1 vs q2 first. And when I continue check the result by clicking pagedown, I will find q1 vs q3 and etc.

Comment

Thanks for your help

Now I know all of results of the comparisons betweem pairs are saved in one file.
          Thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses