No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuffmerge/cuffcompare: result contains no p_id

hello,

I'm trying to run cuffdiff with a reference consisting of the results of a de novo assembly. however, untill now, all my attempts produced only empty cds-files.
    from what i understood so far, the problem seems to be a missing p_id attribute in my merged files.
    To solve this, most people seem to recomend using the -s parameter for providing the reference while using cuffmerge/cuffcompare. However, this has not worked for my so far.
    It seems both commands are not able to find the reference, even though I explicitly specified the path. The exact command log is:

cuffmerge -s /m/scratch/herc/NGS/Guignardia/abyss_assembly_results/k51/SSPACE/cufflinks_reference/standard_output.final.scaffolds.fa assemblies
    [Tue Jan 10 11:12:01 2012] Beginning transcriptome assembly merge
    -------------------------------------------

[Tue Jan 10 11:12:01 2012] Preparing output location ./merged_asm/
    Warning: no reference GTF provided!
    [Tue Jan 10 11:12:02 2012] Converting GTF files to SAM
    gtf_to_sam: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by gtf_to_sam)
    [11:12:02] Loading reference annotation.
    gtf_to_sam: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by gtf_to_sam)
    [11:12:03] Loading reference annotation.
    [Tue Jan 10 11:12:04 2012] Assembling transcripts
    cufflinks: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by cufflinks)
    Warning: Your version of Cufflinks is not up-to-date. It is recommended that you upgrade to Cufflinks v1.3.0 to benefit from the most recent features and bug fixes (http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu).
    [bam_header_read] EOF marker is absent.
    [bam_header_read] invalid BAM binary header (this is not a BAM file).
    File ./merged_asm/tmp/mergeSam_fileZTsqZ3 doesn't appear to be a valid BAM file, trying SAM...
    [11:12:04] Inspecting reads and determining fragment length distribution.
    Processed 8877 loci.
    > Map Properties:
    > Total Map Mass: 26001.00
    > Fragment Length Distribution: Truncated Gaussian (default)
    > Default Mean: 200
    > Default Std Dev: 80
    [11:12:05] Assembling transcripts and estimating abundances.
    Processed 8877 loci.
    [Tue Jan 10 11:12:54 2012] Comparing against reference file None
    Warning: Your version of Cufflinks is not up-to-date. It is recommended that you upgrade to Cufflinks v1.3.0 to benefit from the most recent features and bug fixes (http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu).
    [Tue Jan 10 11:13:00 2012] Comparing against reference file None

for cuffmerge. The resulting file does not have the p_id attribute, so I tried using cuffcompare to deal with this:

cuffcompare -s /m/scratch/herc/NGS/Guignardia/abyss_assembly_results/k51/SSPACE/cufflinks_reference/standard_output.final.scaffolds.fa -V merged.gtf merged.gtf
    Prefix for output files: cuffcmp
    Processing qfile #1: merged.gtf
    Loading transcripts from merged.gtf..
    Processing qfile #2: merged.gtf
    Loading transcripts from merged.gtf..
    Tracking transcripts across 2 query files..
    Cleaning up..
    Done.

However, still no p_ID attribute. Could it be a problem that my reference file is an assembly result containing a huge number of contigs?

EDIT: I just read that in order to produce p_ids, i need a reference annotation that includes cds records. From where could I get such a reference?

thank you for your answers
    Last edited by martin_313; 01-10-2012, 04:52 AM.

sorry for bumping this thread, but does anybody have any idea?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
    • seqadmin
      The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
      by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
      02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
    0 responses