Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtering "merge.gtf" (from cuffmerge) by redundance

I am trying to filter my merge.gtf file produced by ~100 samples by redundancy, I would like to remove the transcripts/isoforms that occur in only one sample. But I didnt find a way to track this information (where each transcript come from) easily!

Thanks a lot!

Ok, I solved my problem just by using cuffcompare instead of cuffmerge.

Comment

Here's another thread on this topic of whether to use cuffmerge or cuffcompare. Cole Trapnell and the cufflinks team is soon releasing a protocol paper that will hopefully address some of these issues.

You might think twice about using cuffcompare over cuffmerge.
      Last edited by turnersd; 02-13-2012, 05:42 AM. Reason: cuffmerge vs cuffcompare

Comment

Thank you turnersd, actually I am using the second approach described on that thread "assemble each bam and cuffcompare them to get a combined.gtf".

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
        • seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
        0 responses