Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picard HSmetrics

New to picard and trying to run HSmetrics on Ubuntu 12.0.4 using a BAM file. I am trying to get the predicted off-target reads. Thanks.

How to use the command: http://picard.sourceforge.net/comman...ulateHsMetrics

Or is there an error that you have run into?

Provide specifics for relevant help.

Comment

picard HSmetrics

So to run the command:

Code:
      CalculateHsMetrics TARGET_INTERVALS=epilepsy.bam
      trying to calculate the predicted off-target reads on the Bed file I converted to a BAM using Bedtools. Is this BAM aligned if not how do I align it. I have the hg19 fasta or is there a better way? Thanks.

Comment

One thing you need is a bed file of the target regions. Do you have this?

Comment

picard HSmetrics

Yes I do have a bed file of the targets and a bam file. I used the bedToBam tool in bedtools, but do not think it is aligned. Thanks.

Comment

The .bam file is aligned, I think by definition. You can run the program with something like this:

java -jar Tools/picard-tools-1.92/CalculateHsMetrics.jar BI=target_regions.bed TI=target_regions.bed I=epilepsy.bam O=epilepsy.CalculateHSmetrics R=/pathTohg19/hg19.fa

Comment

picard

Do the three files need to be in a folder and where do I put this folder? Do I cd into a directory? The picard-tools is in /usr/bin, but in order to see it I have to run ls /usr/bin. Also, is there a command to find out the version of picard-tools that is installed? Thanks

Code:
              java -jar Tools/picard-tools-1.92/CalculateHsMetrics.jar BI=target_regions.bed TI=target_regions.bed I=epilepsy.bam O=epilepsy.CalculateHSmetrics R=/pathTohg19/hg19.fa

Comment

You need to specify the correct path to all of the files. It does not matter if they are in the same directory. If you type /usr/bin/picard-tools and hit the tab button, it will fill out the version directory for you most likely.

Comment

picard HSmetrics

Code:
                    dnascopev@ubuntu:~/picardtools-1.72$ java -jar Tools/picard-tools-1.72/CalculateHsMetrics.jar BI=target_regions.bed TI=target_regions.bed I=epilepsy.bam O=epilepsy.CalculateHSmetrics R=/picardtools-1.72/hg19_fasta.txt
                  Unable to access jarfile Tools/picard-tools-1.72/CalculateHsMetrics.jar. Thanks.

Comment

Don't use the code example posted by Heisman as is. It probably refers to a path that exists on Heisman's system. Do you actually have that directory on your machine?

I thought you had installed picard-tools from Ubuntu repository using "apt-get" yesterday.

Comment

picard HSmetrics

Yes I installed picard from apt-get. Thanks.

Comment

Picard tools from Ubuntu is an older version (i.e. v. 1.48 I think).

Give this command a try:

Code:
                        $ picard-tools CalculateHsMetrics BI=target_regions.bed TI=target_regions.bed I=epilepsy.bam O=epilepsy.CalculateHSmetrics R=/picardtools-1.72/hg19_fasta.txt
                        If you get a file not found error then alternate version would be (assuming all these files are in the directory where you are running this command from)

Code:
                        $ picard-tools CalculateHsMetrics BI=./target_regions.bed TI=./target_regions.bed I=./epilepsy.bam O=./epilepsy.CalculateHSmetrics R=/picardtools-1.72/hg19_fasta.txt

Comment

Yes, sorry, make sure you use paths relevant to you.

Comment

picard HSmetrics

Code:
                             picard-tools CalculateHsMetrics BI=target_regions.bed TI=target_regions.bed I=epilepsy.bam O=epilepsy.CalculateHSmetrics R=/picardtools-1.72/hg19_fasta.txt
                            Code:
                             picard-tools CalculateHsMetrics BI=./target_regions.bed TI=./target_regions.bed I=./epilepsy.bam O=./epilepsy.CalculateHSmetrics R=/picardtools-1.72/hg19_fasta.txt
                            ERROR: Unrecognized option: R

all three files are in the same directory (picardtools-1.72) Thank you.

Comment

Type "picard-tools CalculateHsMetrics", hit enter, and copy/paste the output here.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses