No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to do alignment for SOLiD data

hello all:
    I will analysis the SOLiD sequence data ,but I don't know how to do alignment for these data.I konw bwa can do this ,but I don't konw how.
    Anybody can tell me?
    Thank you very much.

my data is .fq files, like this :
    @SRR010454.1 VAB_Solid0100_20080703_1_Pilot2_YRI_Fragment_A_library13
    T30030220303311000032221122100210000
    +
    !&+5,)%)9++'.//1$#;70)4+&)(%.6/(%<&2

Please do not post your question in multiple places. Also try searching the forums for your answer before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
      Please do not post your question in multiple places. Also try searching the forums for your answer before posting.
      Sorry! I'm a rookie here.

Comment

Originally posted by bobo xin View Post
        hello all:
        I will analysis the SOLiD sequence data ,but I don't know how to do alignment for these data.I konw bwa can do this ,but I don't konw how.
        Anybody can tell me?
        Thank you very much.

my data is .fq files, like this :
        @SRR010454.1 VAB_Solid0100_20080703_1_Pilot2_YRI_Fragment_A_library13
        T30030220303311000032221122100210000
        +
        !&+5,)%)9++'.//1$#;70)4+&)(%.6/(%<&2
        Almost all alignment programs will work, but you have to use the programs in color space. If you do not understand color space, here is my introduction on how color space works (http://www.homolog.us/blogs/?p=27), but that is not the definitive document and you can find many others. On the sidebar of above link, I have a link for 'solid software tools' from ABI. That is the best place for you to start.
        http://homolog.us

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses