Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumina Back Order Problems

I have been waiting for some time for some TruSeq SR Cluster Kit V5 (GD-203-5001) from Illumina. They keep telling me its back ordered and cant give a firm delivery date.

Is anyone else experiencing delivery problems with Illumina kits for their GAIIx machines?

I cant help to wonder if their recent layoff has affected their supply chain. These back order issues are certainly causing me grief.

J
    Last edited by johndcurry; 12-06-2011, 03:24 PM.

We don't order anymore GAIIx kits as we moved to an HiSeq2000.
    Nevertheless, we have not received our TruSeq RNA sample prep kit neither ChIP seq sample prep kit for 2 months now.

Comment

I'm in the same boat with the TruSeq RNA kit. What is frustrating is I can't get a date. They said it would be here a few weeks ago.
      --------------
      Ethan

Comment

I think their customer service is deteriorating. For the price we pay for these kits, they should be more forth coming with supply issues.

Comment

Originally posted by johndcurry View Post
          I think their customer service is deteriorating. For the price we pay for these kits, they should be more forth coming with supply issues.
          I would argue your first point. I deal with a number of companies of this sort and Illumina tech support and customer service seems like it is in another (better) league than any of the others. (Tech support, especially.)

As far as supply issues -- well all companies have their weaknesses. This is something Illumina seems to struggle with. Nevertheless, overall I don't think they are worse than Applied Biosystems or Roche. I blame it on overly ambitious "just in time" supply chain management. I am sure money is saved on warehousing and lowered expired kit loss, but at the expense of robustness.

--
          Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
            Yesterday, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses