No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery delays - is anyone else suffering

Hi all,

We have had our GA2 for 6 months now and on several occasions we have had delays of up to a month or more on our reagent deliveries.

Quite often these delays are not communicated until the actual day the reagents were due to ship out. Is anyone else suffering this problem? I'm beginning to suspect that Illumina may be diverting limited supplies to preferred customers.

Our most recent delivery for an mRNA-seq prep kit which has been delayed by a month. The original part number to be shipped to us was RS-100-0801. If you have received this recently, could you please let me know so that I can take this up with Illumina?

Many thanks,

Konrad.

Our first large order took a very long time to arrive (about 8 weeks) but since then things have been fine. We've only placed a few orders, since we tend to order a lot each time, though. FYI: We're in Australia.

Comment

I don't think I have ever ordered items w/ delivery in less than 2 weeks, then delayed further. I have found that by kindly 'badgering' my sales rep and FAS I can get partial delivery to keep me going

Comment

Both ChIP-seq IP-102-1001 and RNA-seq RS-100-0801 kits were 'back-ordered' and took more than 2 weeks to come. The RNA-seq kit arrived without the Phusion polymerase. Listening between the lines with customer service, I think they had to order more before they could send out my replacement. Are they clustering groups of orders before they order the kit components themselves? This would explain the long and variable delays. I am used to getting molecular biology supplies the day after I order! I hope this delay pattern doesn't mean they are in financial trouble. By the way, does anyone else think the Illumina web site is awful?

Comment

Illumina's web site "awful", you are not the only person that has mentioned it! They are evamping the whole site and major changes are exepcted this year.
          We have had signifiant delays with reagent orders but this has improved in teh last three months. We also try to keep a stock of reagents now and are shifting users to order their own sample prep kits. This way we do not get it in the neck when a delivery takes ages.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses