Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer dimer in ChIP-seq library

I saw primer dimer in my library on bioanalyzer. If I do not want to re make the library, should I re do the size selection or purify it with ampure beads? Which one is better (cleaner and recovers more)? Thanks a lot!

Purify with Ampure XP at 1:1 - 1.2:1. We use 1:1 based on the Illumina mRNAseq prep recommendations, another contributor on the site (ETHANol) has made an absolutely excellent CHIP-seq protocol available and used 1.2:1 as a final purification step.

Comment

Thanks a million!

Comment

Which is 1.2x, the AmPure or the sample?

Comment

Normally AMPure and then sample.

Comment

That is correct, for absolute clarification;

1 volume Ampure XP : 1 volume Library

for an equally good separation of the dimer with a bit better recovery, no idea of this is true but I've come to trust ETHANol's suggestions

1.2 volumes Ampure XP : 1 volume library

Comment

I have one question about this, if you purify directly the library, do you have enough complexity? because you are amplifying many primer molecules instead DNA molecules.

Comment

The complexity of your library would be limited by the number of amplifiable library molecules pre-amplification. If you happen to be able to see the library at this point on a bioanalyzer high sensitivity chip, you could estimate your maximum complexity. 100 pg is about 100 million 1 kbp molecules.

One the one hand, it would be better to remove the adapter dimer before PCR, so you don't get any of it annealing to full length library molecules and escaping later size selection.

On the other hand, if you do the PCR first, then the amount of DNA you are working with is higher. Generally it is easier to deal with higher concentration DNA than lower concentration. (At least in the low nM range and below.)

--
                Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses