SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Targeted Genome Assembly for region poorly represented in reference genome? gumbos Bioinformatics 1 01-09-2012 04:01 PM
RNA-Seq: Full-length transcriptome assembly from RNA-Seq data without a reference gen Newsbot! Literature Watch 7 10-26-2011 05:37 AM
reference based RNA-seq assembly explorebio RNA Sequencing 0 04-29-2011 01:08 AM
Anyone with Solexa RNA-seq 150+bp for non-model sps with no close reference genome? avilella RNA Sequencing 0 03-20-2010 03:46 AM
Anyone with Solexa RNA-seq 75+bp for non-model sps with no close reference genome? avilella RNA Sequencing 0 01-13-2010 02:46 AM

Old 04-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
lfaino

Default RNA-seq assembly and reference genome

Dear community,
I have a question.
I have an RNA-seq by Illumina pair ends. I have a reference genome and transcriptome. My question is if there is any software that I can use to map the RNA-seq reads on the reference transcriptome and retrieve the assembled transcriptome based on my sequences. I want this because my coverage is low and in this way I can use a known reference to get better information about my transcriptome too.

Regards
Luigi
lfaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
harrike

commercial software: CLC genome workbench. www.clcbio.com. It is quite expensive.

There are many free software shared in this community. You'd better use "search" to get what you want.
harrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
Thorondor

actually it is not that easy, there are many assemblers around but they mostly require a genome as reference and not a transcriptome. I also checked for assemblers where you can give a transcriptome of a near relative as reference but didn't found anything. :-(

You maybe can "fake" the transcriptome as genome, but I don't know if this will work.

If you want to use your genome as reference you could try cufflinks.
Thorondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
ksc

I am using BWA to remap mRNAseq data to a reference transcriptome and samtools to call the consensus of the remapped transcriptome. I have also used CLC for this purpose, as suggested by harrike. I have not yet used paired-end data, but I believe both packages can handle paired-end data.
ksc is offline   Reply With Quote