SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long Read Mapper mitochy Bioinformatics 9 03-22-2012 04:33 AM
How do I extend reads? Martiniano Bioinformatics 0 09-15-2011 04:13 AM
SRMA Problem SAMRecord contig does not match the current reference sequence contig gavin.oliver Bioinformatics 5 07-05-2011 05:28 AM
New Paired Read Mapper designed to reduce false positives added to NextGENe® 2nd ge SoftGenetics Vendor Forum 0 09-02-2009 12:10 PM
bwa seeding questions yxi Bioinformatics 0 05-18-2009 01:38 PM

Old 10-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
*#1*

Default NGS read mapper that would extend the seeding contig.

The biological problem I am solving is to try finding an integration site for a certain sequence into a large mammalian genome. I know the sequence of the integrating element, and it is not that big (under 10kb). The data I have are from PacBio run, so there will be low coverage and low read quality. What I would like to do is to start by mapping the reads to a known integration sequence, and then gradually extend it using long(er) PacBio reads. I would extend for a few kb and then use the extended sequence to map the location on the genome.

Do you guys know of any mapper/tool that would to that kind of thing?

Low quality of reads can be solved by using circular consensus reads that would have much higher accuracy (95% and higher) then standard reads (85%). So I mainly need pointers to existing software, but literature references and other suggestions would be also much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
*#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
colindaven

Why not try a de novo assembly of the reads and look if the integration element is present ? Or is this not really feasible with the reads you have ? Newbler should work fine if the reads are under 2000bp.

If you insist on mapping try using a long read mapper like BWA-SW or whatever the ending was !

You could iteratively map and extend either manually or with something like Consed.

Good luck!
colindaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
integration site mapping, pacbio, software