SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bwa reference genome alignment nxtgenkid10 Genomic Resequencing 2 08-29-2013 04:12 AM
Alignment to a set of custom reference sequences along with standard genome reference eeyun Bioinformatics 4 05-08-2013 04:06 PM
Targeted Genome Assembly for region poorly represented in reference genome? gumbos Bioinformatics 1 01-09-2012 04:01 PM
Please help: imperfect reference genome/get consensus on genome/read alignment? KAP Bioinformatics 1 08-19-2011 07:14 AM
Global Alignment With Mummer (Parameter for Gap Extension & Opening Cost) peveralldubois Bioinformatics 0 03-06-2011 11:45 PM

Old 09-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
prs321

Default Alignment of assembly to reference (nuclear genome) [MUMmer]

I am trying to align an assembly to the reference. I used MUMmer in order to obtain a .coords file. Here are my steps in the command line.

1. nucmer --prefix=ref_qry ref.fasta qry.fasta
2. delta-filter -q ref_qry.delta > ref_qry.filter
3. show-coords -rcl ref_qry.delta > ref_qry.coords

How to I obtain 2 FASTA files, one containing the set of sequences that aligns to the reference and one containing the set of non aligned sequences?

I was told I would have to use "parsing" but I'm not sure how to read the headers in the coords file. The labeling isn't explained anywhere in the manual or google.
prs321 is offline   Reply With Quote