SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annotation: Glimmer to GFF Daniel Fernandez Bioinformatics 1 08-08-2014 12:00 AM
Blast 2 multifasta files one against the other Kawaccino Bioinformatics 5 06-06-2013 10:56 PM
GLimmer: How does the module 'glimmer' use the model to find the putative genes pulikoti Bioinformatics 1 02-24-2013 07:59 PM
BLAST on multifasta files avm Bioinformatics 0 01-06-2013 10:42 AM
glimmer compile error anyone1985 Bioinformatics 26 11-29-2012 12:54 PM

Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Daniel Fernandez

Default Glimmer: Multifasta analysis

Hi everyone.
I am new user at glimmer. We have a bacterial genome in multifasta, contigs. We can predict the ORF, if we could a complete genome in one fasta, we could, but we with Multifasta, we can make a a lot of things and I'm pretty sure that we're wrong.

First, we separate the Genome.fas in 128 fasta files (beacuse it has 128 sequences), for make a *.train file we create a lot of *.train for any contig and put them all together in one file run.train

Code:
long-orfs -n -t 1.15 Contig1 run1.longorfs && extract -t Contig1 run1.longorfs > run.train
long-orfs -n -t 1.15 Contig128 run128.longorfs && extract -t Contig128 run128.longorfs >> run.train
then we create a *.icm model

Code:
build-icm -r model.icm < run.train
but I compared it with other analysis of my friend, for he, all *logorfs are the same name, so he replace in any line this file. But my friend and my, we can the SAME NUMBER OF ORF!!!.

Code:
long-orfs -n -t 1.15 Contig1 run1.longorfs && extract -t Contig1 run1.longorfs > run.train
long-orfs -n -t 1.15 Contig128 run1.longorfs && extract -t Contig128 run1.longorfs >> run.train
Code:
build-icm -r model.icm < run.train
So, my friend and my, we can the SAME NUMBER OF ORF!!! although we did diferent things. I'm pretty sure that we're wrong.

So. How do you analyse MultiFasta with Glimmer?
And how do yu extract the fasta from *.predict file in mulifasta?

Please, healp.
Daniel Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glimmer, multifasta