No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deletion mapping problem

Hello,

I'm mapping 454 reads against a reference genome using bwa and then create sorted bam files using Samtools.

However, most my samples do have only one copy of a 9bp motif, whereas the reference has two. In some reads of my sequence data the motif will be followed by gaps and in some the gaps will be followed by the motif and in the end the consensus will call it as a tandem repeat.

I tried to use GATK for realignment, but it didn't work. Has anyone used GATK for this purpose successfully? Or does anyone have other ideas how to solve the problem? others than de-novo assembly?

I'm building up a fully automized pipeline so I use command line based software and scripts.

Help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Stefan

From : http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/ga...etCreator.html

"Another important note: because reads produced from the 454 technology inherently contain false indels, the realigner will not currently work with them (or with reads from similar technologies)."

Comment

Thanks. But do you have another idea?

Cheers,
      Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by StefanP View Post
        Hello,
        Help would be highly appreciated!
        If the genome you are mapping to is a bacterium or lower eukaryote (30 to 100 MB), give MIRA a try. I wrote the mapping routines to behave consistently for exactly these cases.

B.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses