SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PubMed: Digital RNA sequencing minimizes sequence-dependent bias and amplification no Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 01-11-2012 02:30 AM
PubMed: Nucleotide Bias Observed with a Short SELEX RNA Aptamer Library. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-29-2011 02:00 AM
Extreme nucleotide bias at fragment ends of Illumina mate pair library kmcarr Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 03-17-2011 01:03 PM
Nucleotide distribution useful? foxyg Bioinformatics 2 09-21-2010 09:11 AM
How to present the nucleotide bias of small RNAs using weblogo satp Bioinformatics 0 02-09-2010 11:51 PM

Old 01-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
sem

Default Bias toward G in first nucleotide in sequence?

I recently obtained strange results from a ChIP-seq experiment. Rather than having relatively thorough coverage of the genome, my reads were separated by large gaps and many were identical to each other and stacked right on top of each other. (I should note that I did also see enrichment at predicted areas.) We have not observed this pattern before. Then only thing that we see abnormal in the Illumina sequencer output info is that there was a large bias for G as the first nucleotide in the sequences. Could be related to the large stacks of identical reads? Any thoughts on why this may be occuring? Do you think it could be an inefficient ligation or amplification issue? TIA!
sem is offline   Reply With Quote