SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simulating paired-end reads and bowtie alignments droog_22 Bioinformatics 0 02-09-2012 08:53 AM
bowtie- paired end - no alignments madsaan Bioinformatics 1 06-27-2011 02:24 PM
Support for parallelization of paired-end alignments with BWA Fabien Campagne Bioinformatics 0 12-17-2010 05:40 AM
Filter paired end BAM file based on iSize Leif Bergsagel Bioinformatics 2 12-16-2010 12:50 PM
Bowtie got different alignments for fliped paired-end 狗熊趴趴 Bioinformatics 0 06-26-2010 08:39 AM

Old 08-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
guru

Default how to filter BWA paired-end alignments?

Hi,

I want to filter my BAM alignments (generated using BWA on paired-end Illumina reads) to retain only those read pairs where at least one of the reads of the pair has unique mapping. Is there a way of doing this using the tag information available in the SAM file? or does anyone know of a tool that does something on these lines? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..
Guru.
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
stefanoberri

I'd like to know this answer as well.

As far as I understand, if one of the two has uniq mapping, than the pair has unique mapping (maybe not, it could be that the second one can map in two very close places, quite unusual though). If the pair has unique mapping, than their score is > 0

However, this is my understanding, but I am not quite sure. If anybody has a better explanation, I am eager to listen...
stefanoberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
swbarnes2

bwa's sampe adds an XT tag to the sam file that indicates if the read is uniquely mapped, or repetitively mapped. So you could pull all of those reads out with awk, get the cluster coordinates, and then pull out all the reads from the .bam that had those coordinates.
swbarnes2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bwa paired end, sam tag, unique hit