SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
tangsha1986

Post Hi everyone.I am Tom

I am Tom from Beijing.I am working on 454.I come here to have some communication.
tangsha1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
casual_seqs

Hello to all,
Greetings from Paris.

I am pretty new to the field. I have a primary training in Physics, and got interested progressively in biology.

My current focus is on laboratory experiments on the evolution of bacteria.

I am tipping my toes into the field of mass-(re)sequencing, via an initial unique re-sequencing of an evolved clone, using a commercial service provider.

Got into my face a massive amount of data, with files that my ol'PC could not even open.

I am now in the learning curve : ... purchasing first a new PC with more memory, with the idea of trying to make sense out of that starter raw data, and figure out what is the proper way of doing it.

Since it is bacterial stuff, genomic re-arrangements can
come into the game e.g. via IS (I did not initially wanted to pay the price of pair-end mates sequencing). I have questions about what software to get my hands on, to try to make my own re-assembly, and figure out what is really rubust.
quite a bit of work to come...

I landed onto this Seqanswers forum after some googling activity, and was rivetted by the amount of info I could already find. This forum is really great !

I chose a pseudo (apparently, Eric estimated that I won (transiently) the contest of "best pseudo on Seqanswers ever )"

Looking forward to good scientific exchanges, and fun!

Francois.
casual_seqs is offline   Reply With Quote