SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Ion Torrent

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem removing duplicate reads? (samtools and picard) cbl Bioinformatics 19 09-17-2015 12:01 PM
example for using Picard removing duplicate reads? fabrice Bioinformatics 9 10-18-2013 03:32 AM
removing duplicate PE reads from unmappable data greigite Bioinformatics 0 07-31-2012 11:31 AM
Removing duplicate reads for tophat? hong_sunwoo RNA Sequencing 2 10-09-2010 01:46 AM
Removing duplicate reads from multigig .csfasta Bueller_007 Bioinformatics 7 06-26-2010 04:07 PM

Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
vpp605

Default Removing Duplicate Reads from Torrent data

Does anyone have any experience with removing duplicate reads from Ion Torrent data? Any idea if the 454-designed programs work well with Torrent (e.g., cd-hit-454)? Or any suggestions for other programs to use? The basis for this question is PCR-derived duplicates which I am anticipating will skew our analysis, and I would therefore like to remove them.

I should also mention that we do not have a reference genome to align reads to, as we are working with WGS metagenomic data.

Last edited by vpp605; 06-10-2013 at 07:52 AM.
vpp605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
jtackney

Hi - did you ever figure this out?

I've been using samtools "rmdup -s" but I don't think it's working as advertised for single-end reads of variable length....
jtackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
eulbra

picard tools can do the job
eulbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
IonTorrent

Hi there,

There is functionality within the Torrent Suite software for duplicate read marking, which can be enabled as desired. There is more information available via the Help tool within Torrent Browser or via Ion Community and the Torrent Suite documentation. There is also a FilterDuplicates plugin available as part of Torrent Suite.

I would also recommend follow up with your local Field Bioinformatics Scientist if you have any questions on these topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpp605 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with removing duplicate reads from Ion Torrent data? Any idea if the 454-designed programs work well with Torrent (e.g., cd-hit-454)? Or any suggestions for other programs to use? The basis for this question is PCR-derived duplicates which I am anticipating will skew our analysis, and I would therefore like to remove them.

I should also mention that we do not have a reference genome to align reads to, as we are working with WGS metagenomic data.
IonTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ion torrent, remove duplicates