Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with edgeR (within Trinity wrapper)

Hello everyone! I am much a neophyte to RNAseq analysis, so please bear with me.

I am trying to analyze an RNAseq dataset consisting of 3 treatments, with no replication. Each treatment has approximately 30 million reads.

The de novo assembly of all reads (combined from all treatments, following trimming) seemingly went smoothly. After mapping reads of each treatment to the transcriptome assembly using RSEM, I run into trouble.

I merged my 3 isoforms.results files using merge_RSEM_frag_counts_single_table.pl. After extracting transcript length information from one of the isoform.results files, I attempted to run edgeR, as follows:
    ------------
    $ /home/user/software/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Analysis/DifferentialExpression/run_DE_analysis.pl --matrix /workarea/user/treatmenttrim/transcripts.counts.matrix --method edgeR --output /workarea/user/treatmenttrim/edgeR --no_eff_length
    Unknown option: no_eff_length
    Got 3 samples, and got: 4 data fields.
    Header: treatment_notx.isoforms.results treatment_15.isoforms.results treatment_30.isoforms.results
    Next: comp135535_c0_seq1 0.00 0.00 0.00

$VAR1 = {
    'treatment_15' => 2,
    'treatment_notx' => 1,
    'treatment_30' => 3
    };
    $VAR1 = {
    'treatment_15' => [
    'treatment_15'
    ],
    'treatment_notx' => [
    'treatment_notx'
    ],
    'treatment_30' => [
    'treatment_30'
    ]
    };
    Samples to compare: $VAR1 = [
    'treatment_15',
    'treatment_notx',
    'treatment_30'
    ];

CMD: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_15_vs_treatment_notx.treatment_15.vs.treatment_notx.EdgeR.Rscript
    sh: R: command not found
    Error, cmd: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_15_vs_treatment_notx.treatment_15.vs.treatment_notx.EdgeR.Rscript died with ret (32512) at /home/user/software/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Analysis/DifferentialExpression/run_DE_analysis.pl line 439.

WARNING: This EdgeR comparison failed...

CMD: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_15_vs_treatment_30.treatment_15.vs.treatment_30.EdgeR.Rscript
    Error, cmd: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_15_vs_treatment_30.treatment_15.vs.treatment_30.EdgeR.Rscript died with ret (32512) at /home/user/software/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Analysis/DifferentialExpression/run_DE_analysis.pl line 439.

CMD: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_30_vs_treatment_notx.treatment_30.vs.treatment_notx.EdgeR.Rscript
    Error, cmd: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_30_vs_treatment_notx.treatment_30.vs.treatment_notx.EdgeR.Rscript died with ret (32512) at /home/user/software/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Analysis/DifferentialExpression/run_DE_analysis.pl line 439.

------------

I imagine I have made a rather foolish error... Are the errors suggesting that R is not correctly installed? I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you!

yes, it cannot find your R installation. Did you install it?
    If so, try putting it in your PATH.
    e.g.

Code:
    export PATH=/path/to/R:$PATH
    where /path/to/R is where you installed R.

then type 'R' in your command line and see if it loads.
    To exit R, type 'quit()'

Comment

Hello Kennels,

Thanks for your help - R was installed, but foolishly/ignorantly was not in my PATH.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses