Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello.
    I am running gap5 ( staden-2.0.0b9.i686 ) . I created an g5d and g5x with tg_index

But when i run gap5, i cannot map reads to the sequences.
    The graphical user interface won't let me browse , or even write into the Entry box, to select the reads.

(attaching image)

I'm running Ubuntu 64-bit 14.04

I would appreciate some help with this issue, i just want to use it to explore a map of reads to contigs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Do the other dialogues work for you, for example Find Internal Joins? I haven't see cases before where you cannot type into a dialogue box. Which window manager are you using? Is this a genuine ubuntu box or running inside some VM? Is the X11 server the same machine, or an emulated X on, say, MS Windows?

As far as working around the problem, what this dialogue is doing behind the scenes is:
      1) Export the consensus in depadded form.
      2) Build a bwa index of the consensus and use bwa to align against it, yielding a bam file.
      3) Run tg_index -a -g on the BAM file to import the alignments back again. The -g flag tells it to reinsert pads that were stripped out in part 1 above, to insure the padded form is all still in alignment (gap5 internally uses padded coordinates rather than depadded reference coordinates).

Comment

Hi again and thanks for your quick response !

As you said it should work, i tried again with no luck.
        I tried a second time with sudo bash, so executing gap5 with super user permissions; this time it would let me write into the Entry box.

(image attached)

This issue is sure weird but i replicated it many times , just to be sure that using sudo is a(n ugly) workaround.

Using Ubuntu 14.04.1:
        Linux ubuntu 3.13.0-40-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 13 17:53:56 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

HP Laptop ( Not a VM ) ; Ubuntu installed with Wubi

Tk:
        Tkinter.__version__
        $Revision: 81008 $
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone
          I am trying to use GAP5 to work on my NGS data, and I came across a problem while installing. I have found no records of anything similar on the internet, so as a last resort I decided to ask here.

I have installed the 2.0.0b10 staden package from http://sourceforge.net/projects/staden/and installed GAP5 in windows 7.

While trying to convert my SAM files to the gap5 database format, I always get

Sorry, database busy
          Unable to lock and/or open database
          gio_open: No error

I figured this could be due to the folder properties and changed them in the cmd line, using

attrib -s +r

But the folder's properties are unchanged.

Has anyone come across this problem in windows?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses