Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextera XT v2 Index - Oligo Concentrations?

I use Nextera XT v2 Indexes for library prep, but I can't stand the tubes that Illumina provides them in. I'm thinking of ordering from a third party in a plate format, and dispensing into strip tubes. It'll probably be cheaper, too.

Anyways, Illumina won't share the primer concentration in the kit, so I measured in by Qubit ssDNA, and got some varied results. Was curious to know if anyone else has measured them before, or what concentrations others use? I did see someone recommend 5uM stock, which makes sense based on my measurements. However, I'm curious if Illumina has taken the time to figure out optimal index concentration for each unique index. My data suggests either this, or that they're terrible at diluting their primers accurately

I could understand if all i5's were once concentration, and all i7's were another, but I can't explain S505....

Index | (ng/uL) | uM
    S502 | 57.6±2.47 | 3.7
    S503 | 60.4±2.55 | 3.9
    S505 | 93.9±2.43 | 6.0
    N716 | 94.6±4.41 | 6.5
    N718 | 88.6±4.98 | 6.1
    N719 | 78.6±2.70 | 5.4

==================
    Update 2/11/17

I compared pricing, assuming that the concentration of the indexes that Illumina provides is 5uM.

iDT Ultramers, 20nmole of each index in a 96-well plate was not significantly cheaper - within 10% of the cost of purchasing from Illumina. There doesn't appear to be a large cost savings here, so I'm opting to stick with Illumina indexes, which I'll aliquot into strip tubes.
    Last edited by JVGen; 02-11-2017, 08:45 AM.

How to calculate ssDNA concentration?

Could you quickly go over how you calculate the concentration based on Qubit ssDNA readouts?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by georgeyeh View Post
      Could you quickly go over how you calculate the concentration based on Qubit ssDNA readouts?

Thank you!
      I just took the index sequence and converted to moles/volume (molarity). Dust off your old pal Avogadro.

Comment

I always used them at 1 µM, like Illumina advice in their "16S metagenomics" protocol. I have no problem with this concentration, the libraries were good.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
        • seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
        0 responses