Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Arthur45,

Make sure you have a very accurate quant of your input samples. Nextera is a mass driven setup so if you are off on your initial quant at all, can get results of too large/too small fragments very easily.

Comment

hi Arthur 45,
      sorry for the misunderstanding. You do need to clean up the cDNA after the first PCR (pre-amplification for the Smart-seq2 protocol). I am not really familiar with the latest version of the Nextera protocol but the 30 + 30 ul beads sounds a bit strange to me.
      I know that Nextera is using the Zymo and Nextera XT is not. We decided to not use a column purifcation because it´s cheap and equally effective.
      That said, I am not sure what you have there. A single fragment at 1 kb doesn´t look like a standard library (is it a ladder or similar?). Why don´t you just take some tot RNA , let´s say 1 ng, do some pre-ampl and try to tagment that? I agree that the Tape after tagmentation has no library. Don´t really know why, though

Comment

Hi both,

thanks for your answers

About the 30+30 ul steps: I called Illumina since and the representative agreed that this *might* be a typo. He raised an issue for their protocol team. This team will change the protocol when the next version of the protocol will be out.

About my graphs: the graph with the 1kb peaks is my DNA before starting the library. The other graph is right after the tagmentation. It looks like there is no more DNA after tagmentation. I am starting to think that my input is not of the right concentration like ScienceGrrl said. And also, I read somewhere that DNA should be clean before starting a library, so I will try to clean my phenol-chloroform extractions with a spin column, just in case.

Cheers,
        arthur

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
        • seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
        0 responses