Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question about the adapter sequences; for one of the adapter sequences you have a single base difference between the SR adapter and the PE adapter. In the official communication from Illumina that lists all their sequences there is no difference in the unphosphorylated adapter sequence between SR and PE adapters they are both 33 bases long. Where did you get the sequences from (as it's not the first time I've heard about the single base difference but there's definitely none in the sequences that I have).

Comment

I am a little confused about this.

In fig 6, the DNA is attached to flow-cell by both red and purple adapters in the same cluster. However, in fig 7, it is attached only by red adapters.

What causes it to happen?

Both adapters would mean the DNA strands in clusters are not identical, but half of them are complimentary to the other half.

Comment

When beginning the sequencing, first a cleaving step is carried out,
        removing the sequences bound with adapter2 to the cell-surface.

For paired-end sequencing, after having reached the desired cycle-count the synthesized strand is removed, another step of bridge amplification is carried out, followed by a cleaving of sequences bound with adapter1 to the cell surface. Thus leaving the `other'/reverse strand bound to the flow cell for sequencing...

Anything else?
        Last edited by Jonathan; 09-30-2009, 05:55 AM.

Comment

why PE1 and SE1 adapter sequece has 1 base different?

I found that they should be identical. The attached diagram is wrong.

compare diagram 1 and 2, adaptor sequence is changed!!!

Originally posted by greigite View Post
          I didn't really understand the Illumina library prep and sequencing procedure until I played around with aligning the actual sequences. This resulted in a diagram of the ligation/PCR/hybridization/sequencing process for both single read and paired end reads using the publicly available adapter, primer, and flow cell oligo sequences. Hope it is useful to others, and let me know if you find errors. Thanks to kmcarr for posting your diagram of part of the single read process earlier, it inspired me to work it out for myself. You can find all the sequences I used in the 2008 nature paper, doi 10.1038/nature07517.

Comment

Software choices?

Hi there,

I have a question about the software I can use to analyze the Illumina sequencing data. I'm doing targeted resequencing of long PCR fragments to find some EMS mutations. I'm waiting for my run to finish right now and meanwhile I'm looking for a suitable software. Any suggestion would be of great help to me. Thank you.

Comment

illumina bridge amplification

Can anyone explain how successive rounds of pcr are carried out in the bridge amplification step to form a cluster? what is the primer and is it separate or different from the oligos attached to the cell? are the unattached strands of dna discarded between successive pcr steps? if not, can anyone explain what happens to them?

Comment

Fluorophore removal?

Originally posted by mccullou View Post
                How does Illumina remove the fluorophore? They can't use AgNO3 (like SOLiD ) because of no Thio backbone. Are they using the Columbia IP that Intelligent BioSystems is using? http://www.intelligentbiosystems.com...20mod%201.html.

Any thoughts here?
                This would be of interest to me as well!

Comment

Originally posted by tobiwan View Post
                  This would be of interest to me as well!
                  You definitely need to read this review.

Comment

Fluorophore removal?

Thanks for the hint! I am new to this field of work...

Comment

thanks all. very useful information for me.

Comment

the chemistry is proprietary.

Comment

So are most buffers if you ask qiagen or invitrogen, but we are all smart people here, right? It is either photo or chemical cleavage and looking at all the steps in the sequencing process there doesn't seem to be a hint. I am just curious because I have been having increasing background and phase issues and I think it might be inefficient removal of that flourophore/blocking agent, but I can't figure it out my issue if I don't know how the base is removed. . .

Comment

Hi All

I have just joined SeqAnswers and I am hoping to get some advise from those who are currently doing sequencing on the Illimina GA. I am hoping to do an infection profile for infected plants using the Paired-end muliplex system. Is this advisable? Or should I run each infection/control pair per lane?

Comment

Thanks a lot!
                              Very interesting for me taking into cosideration my little experience!

Comment

comparison of illumina/ ABIsolid/ 454

simple comparison
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses