Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There a small mistake on the picture. If we saw sequences of adaptors, primers and oligonucleotides
    (Accurate whole human genome sequencing using reversible terminator chemistry.
    David R. Bentley, Shankar Balasubramanian etc.
    Nature, Vol 456 | 6 November 2008 | doi:10.1038/nature07517)
    --- we can see that fragment links with oligonucleotide on the surface of flow cell not with adaptor but with additional sequences in primers, added by PCR.

Comment

Originally posted by anju View Post
      simple comparison
      Pretty out of date, too. Anything with the latest HiSeq, Solid 4, and "1000-base" 454?

I'd love to see some info on useable read length, too.

Comment

hello all I am very,very, very new to NGS. trying to learn as much as I can

Comment

Bridge Amplification

Hi All,
          I'm new to this whole NGS business. I will be using an Illumina GAII. In a recent article from Bio Techniques, I read that longer (about 600bp) fragments can increase the uniformity of coverage across a targeted region. In the paper, amplicons were fragmented to 200bp prior to adaptor ligation and subsequence sequencing. Does anyone know why this would increase uniformity? Also, does anyone know if it is possible to successfully generate clusters during bridge amplification with fragments larger than 200-300 bp? And if so, how large?

THANKS!!

Comment

Is this material applicable to Illumina's systems today, or does it need updating?

Comment

Originally posted by rzhuo View Post
              Hi there,

I have a question about the software I can use to analyze the Illumina sequencing data. I'm doing targeted resequencing of long PCR fragments to find some EMS mutations. I'm waiting for my run to finish right now and meanwhile I'm looking for a suitable software. Any suggestion would be of great help to me. Thank you.
              Probably north of 95% is still perfectly applicable. The only major changes are to the chemistry robustness which increases yield and readlengths. I don't personally run any form of ILMN machine so I welcome correction from an Illumaniac*.

*New name for the Illumina forum!

Comment

Will another forum be renamed to "On SOLiD Ground?"

Comment

Thanks for the useful information

Comment

Hello, I´m new in NGS. I want to sequence target regions using human genomic DNA. My purpose is to sequence de coding regions of 400 genes (around 1Mb). Which is the best approach?
                    In addition could you recommend me what software can be easily used to analyze data from exome assays.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Wrong thread. You'll get more eyes & brains on your question if you post in a more appropriate area (and say how many samples you are working with & what sort of species this is for)

Comment

question... so paired end reads... are they from the same strand or the opposite??

Comment

Nobody ever answered the original question, so here goes:

The fluorescent bases are 3'-O-azido dNTPs with fluorophores linked to the bases. The azide group on the 3' O blocks addition of another nucleotide, and you can use a phosphine (TCEP) to chemically cleave the azide from the 3' O and allow the next nucleotide to be added. I believe TCEP also cleaves the fluorophore from the base.

It's very clever, but unfortunately 3'-O-azido dNTPs are not available commercially. They would be fun to play with.

Comment

pair-end sequence poplar transcriptome

Hi there,

I wanna do mRNA-seq on poplar, I review a bunch of literature without finding a single paper using pair-end sequencing, most of them use 454 sequencing. Does that mean pair-end sequencing does not work on poplar? Any suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by li zhang View Post
                              Hi there,

I wanna do mRNA-seq on poplar, I review a bunch of literature without finding a single paper using pair-end sequencing, most of them use 454 sequencing. Does that mean pair-end sequencing does not work on poplar? Any suggestion?
                              What about these articles? Whole genome, transcriptome, exome?
                              What genome size? How many groups work on poplar sequencing?
                              Best results for de novo assembly from 454, of course. But for resequencing why not use pair-end read?

Comment

hi all,
                                Does anyone knows about illumina data downloadble from any published papers?
                                many thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses