Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between HiSeq X and 3000/4000?

This document from 10X Genomics has made me pretty curious about the differences between the HiSeq X machines and the HiSeq 3000/4000.

I've been told by our Illumina engineer that they are basically the same instrument, so I am puzzled as to why the X would perform better than the 4000 for 10X Genomics libraries. I've looked at the cluster generation recipe files on our cBot for the X and the 4000, and determined that they are identical. Are the flowcells the same physical size? I've noticed that the official specs from Illumina list a lower cluster density for the X (1255–1412 K clusters/mm2) compared to the 4000 (1310–1524 K/mm2 passing filter), but the X gives a higher read number per flowcell. Is the X imaging a larger area in each lane?Are the recommendations for flowcell loading DNA concentrations the same? Could it be that the wells on the X flowcells are further apart than on the 4000 flowcells causing more bleeding of library fragments from well to well on the 4000 flowcells?

Has anyone sequenced the same library on the X and the 4000 and noted any differences? The specs for %>Q30 for PE150 are the same on both platforms. Is the real world performance any different?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
  • seqadmin
    The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
    by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
    02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
0 responses