SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dealing with technical replicates deanie RNA Sequencing 2 10-24-2017 12:30 PM
Why sum technical replicates instead of averaging (and rounding) for DESeq? friducha Bioinformatics 5 09-25-2015 10:03 PM
Merging Mapped Reads from Technical Replicates Fernas RNA Sequencing 2 04-10-2013 02:48 PM
How many reads/replicates do I need for bacterial RNA-seq? MiSeq? turnersd Bioinformatics 3 03-08-2012 09:25 AM
technical replicates uncorrelate with each other tujchl Epigenetics 4 05-26-2011 06:16 PM

Old 08-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #1
Meriya

Default SUM reads of technical replicates-MiSeq

Hi,
I am quite new to NGS sequencing and have some issues with my data analysis. I sequenced 160 biological samples using MiSeq (18S RDNA), each with one technical replicate, meaning I used DNA from one sample twice, resulting in 2 samples per animal.All were sequenced on the same lane.
I used the Qiime pipeline to analyse the data down to an OTU table, because I want to look for certain parasites.
Now I am not sure what to do with the technical replicates as they are somehow pseudoreplicates. If I look at specific OTUs and compare the read number between the two, they differ from each other. What do I do now? If I average them, a lot of information gets lost, but Im not sure if I can simply sum them up per OTU. I read the paper of Marioni et al,2008, but I`m still not sure if its really dealing with the same problem, because it compares different lanes.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you
Meriya is offline   Reply With Quote