Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete a post ?

Sorry I accidentally post the same thread many times, I was not able to figure out how to delete posts here. Can somebody teach me ?

Thanks very much,
    Quan

I deleted them for you.

Comment

Is there any particular reason there is no feature that allows us to delete posts/threads? I know I've made a couple of threads asking questions, then figured out the answer, and would have liked to delete them as they hadn't been answered yet and were just a waste of space. Then again, there is not so much traffic on this forum that this would be a real issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
        Is there any particular reason there is no feature that allows us to delete posts/threads? I know I've made a couple of threads asking questions, then figured out the answer, and would have liked to delete them as they hadn't been answered yet and were just a waste of space. Then again, there is not so much traffic on this forum that this would be a real issue.
        No particular reasons, other than that's the default setting, and it wouldn't make sense if the original poster could nuke an entire thread with other responses.

It would be great if, when you found the answer to your question, you posted it in your own thread so future googlers could find it.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
          No particular reasons, other than that's the default setting, and it wouldn't make sense if the original poster could nuke an entire thread with other responses.

It would be great if, when you found the answer to your question, you posted it in your own thread so future googlers could find it.
          I've done that.

One feature I've seen at other forums is that there is a time limit for how long after creating a thread that it can be deleted (ie, 4 hours). Not sure if that's possible to set up but that would maybe give the best of both worlds. Something to consider.

Comment

If someone has replied to a post, I don't think the thread should be deletable.

--
            Phillip

Comment

How about being able to delete a specific "post" (that you own) in a thread. I do not think that is possible currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
                I've done that.

One feature I've seen at other forums is that there is a time limit for how long after creating a thread that it can be deleted (ie, 4 hours). Not sure if that's possible to set up but that would maybe give the best of both worlds. Something to consider.
                Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
                If someone has replied to a post, I don't think the thread should be deletable.

--
                Phillip
                Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                How about being able to delete a specific "post" (that you own) in a thread. I do not think that is possible currently.
                I agree with all of these. I just enabled that for the "Registered Members" usergroup (means you have successfully posted X times without tripping the spam filter). Try it out under the "Edit" button in the lower right of your post.

You will NOT be able to delete your own threads, as I don't see a restriction like pmiguel suggested...I'm still reading about mods that might enable that.

Thanks guys. Feedback is helpful.

Comment

Thanks for enabling the delete post feature.

Originally posted by ECO View Post
                  I just enabled that for the "Registered Members" usergroup (means you have successfully posted X times without tripping the spam filter). Try it out under the "Edit" button in the lower right of your post.

Thanks guys. Feedback is helpful.

Comment

i posted same post both on biostars and seqanswers without knowing the fact that posts can't be deleted on seqanswers.

i think post deletion should be allowed in certain cases. a person can send the delete request with the reasons and if they are justified then admin can delete them.

Comment

Originally posted by imsharmanitin View Post
                      i posted same post both on biostars and seqanswers without knowing the fact that posts can't be deleted on seqanswers.

i think post deletion should be allowed in certain cases. a person can send the delete request with the reasons and if they are justified then admin can delete them.
                      After the SEQanswer's software recognizes you as a "registered user", you will be able to delete your own posts. I'm not sure how many successful posts are required before you are "registered", though.

Why do you want to delete the post? Are you getting guff from the BioStars guys about posting the same question on both sites?

--
                      Phillip

Comment

I posted something, then I found the answer in the web. Should be able to delete my post.

Comment

Thnx for useful info!

Comment

There is no delete option when I clicked "edit/delete" button.
                            I made a new post when I just wanted to edit an old post, so ended up with double posts.

Comment

Originally posted by lethalfang View Post
                              There is no delete option when I clicked "edit/delete" button.
                              I made a new post when I just wanted to edit an old post, so ended up with double posts.
                              Lol..let me try this. i will share the steps with you.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses