SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mapping reads to reference genome + count reads of genes cumulonimbus RNA Sequencing 12 10-02-2013 08:07 AM
Tophat RNASeq mapping - right reads map and left reads map 50% less airad22 Bioinformatics 2 08-14-2013 07:26 AM
Tophat only maps a few reads Jetse Bioinformatics 0 05-16-2013 07:10 AM
Bowtie: unaligned reads when mapping "max" reads picabo Bioinformatics 0 03-06-2013 11:48 AM
Tophat - reporting only best hit given multi-reads/multi-maps. john_nl Bioinformatics 1 07-05-2012 12:15 PM

Old 08-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
A_Morozov

Default Mapping reads against metabolical maps

I need to make a functional analysis of a metagenome and therefore have to map a lot of color space SOLiD reads 75 bp each (sadly, assembly isn't any good) against metabolical pathways. Desired output will be something like a KEGG map, with every protein marked "Found in metagenome, reads #XXXXXXX, #YYYYYY" or "Not found".
The first idea was a KEGG Mapper set of programs, but it requires KEGG orthologies as input, and getting those for every read without an account will require some creative hacking and violate their license. Are there any other big DBs for pathway maps, ideally linked to PFAM/Genbank/whatever for easy understanding?
A_Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
A_Morozov

I think I found what I was looking for, posting here in case someone will find it useful. Brenda Enzymes DB allows to get lots of enzyme information via SOAP interface, including accession codes for organisms. And further mapping will be straightforward.
A_Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
FTillett72

That's good. Thanks because I had the same problem
FTillett72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metagenomics, pathway analysis, solid