No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maqview upper and lower case

Hello,

What is the difference between lower case vs upper case letters are in the maq viewer?

From the maq manual, for the command maq cns2fq it states
    "bases in lower case are essentially repeats or do not have sufficient coverage; bases in upper case indicate regions where SNPs can be reliably called"

Is this valid for the viewer as well?

Thanks!
    Anamika

I'm only familiar with the pile-up, but there, I think that case indicate direction, upper-case is forward, lower-case reverse. It makes sense to keep that in the viewer, so that's probably what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
      I'm only familiar with the pile-up, but there, I think that case indicate direction, upper-case is forward, lower-case reverse. It makes sense to keep that in the viewer, so that's probably what it means.

swbarnes,

This I am aware of. However, in maqview, on the same read I have a combination of upper and lower case letters.

Thanks!
      Anamika

Comment

In maqview, upper case indicates a higher quality (>= 27), visa verse lower case

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
        0 responses