SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TruSeq PCR Free LT Kit Issues addyblanch Illumina/Solexa 4 04-26-2018 08:22 AM
TruSeq DNA PCR-free Sample Preparation Kit (Part#15036187 Rev.A):extra peak, low qPCR snarapor Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 05-27-2014 05:03 AM
TruSeq DNA PCR-free vs NANO DNA kit mbk0asis Illumina/Solexa 8 05-17-2014 08:15 AM
Truseq DNA PCR-free kit Laruo Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 03-05-2014 02:42 AM
Can I prepare ChIP-seq library by using TruSeq DNA sample preparation kit lyxsdu2006 Sample Prep / Library Generation 8 05-08-2012 06:41 PM

Old 08-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #1
snarapor

Lightbulb TruSeq DNA PCR-Free Sample Preparation Kit (Illumina) expired 3 months - can I use?

Dear all,

Our TruSeq DNA PCR-Free Sample Preparation Kit (Illumina) is expired for 3 months. Questions are
1. can I use it? and
2. any advice during sample preparation using this expired kit, i.e. should we use any enzyme in the kit in the higher amount than stated in the protocol?

[*Note our TruSeq DNA PCR-Free Sample Preparation Kit (Illumina) was expired 3 months ago. As one kit can prepare 24 samples, we only used it for 3 samples, and still left 21 samples.]

Thank you very much.
snarapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
Nicotiana

Hi, did you ever make libraries with the expired kit and have success? I have used ~3 months expired kit and the libraries have really low concentration by qPCR (despite Bioanalyzer/Tapestation looking good), which suggests really low ligation efficiency of adaptors... Going to run them anyway and pray... but be intrigued to hear if anyone has similar results.
Nicotiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:37 AM   #3
jlei_face

In general, I would say the kit is still good. However, the fact that the reagents have gone through a freeze-thaw is something that may contribute to degradation in addition to time. Usually expiration dates are put on reagents as a result of companies just needing a date but not necessarily as a result of rigorous stability studies.
jlei_face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:59 AM   #4
Nicotiana

I get that feeling too, I was just a bit surprised by the low amount of adapter-ligated fragments. Hopefully the sequencing results will still be alright...

Worried because I have a HT kit that has also expired (but never been thawed), so hoping for slightly better results with that one....
Nicotiana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expire, sample preparation, sequencing, truseq dna pcr-free