SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A script for Cuffdiff: extract differential expression gene sequences from genome.fa foxriverlin Bioinformatics 17 04-11-2013 02:46 AM
Which tool to find prokaryotic ribosome in unknown genome sequences? marmue60 RNA Sequencing 0 06-08-2012 02:34 AM
Extract sequences from gff2 rahularjun86 Bioinformatics 2 05-17-2012 05:56 AM
How to extract sequences between adaptors ? Giorgio C Bioinformatics 8 07-13-2011 12:10 AM
EXTRACT MAQ sequences? johnsequence Bioinformatics 4 01-12-2010 04:55 AM

Old 02-28-2017, 02:10 AM   #1
SeqTroubles

Default Is there a tool to extract and translate sequences from a genome

Hi All,

I want to extract a lot of sequences from a reference genome I have a detailed file with co-ordinated for the genes. I want to extract and translate these sequences. Something like Bedtools getfasta, but will use the additional information in my file to make life easier. My data looks as in file attachment.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (6.9 KB, 7 views)
SeqTroubles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:00 AM   #2
SeoSpiderCat

Has passed enough time, but I'm wondering how your project is progressing?
SeoSpiderCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:19 PM   #3
cmbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean29 View Post
I have always been interested in the genome, so I tried to learn Latin as well as possible. But lately, I have been working with medical documents in English, and I feel a lack of English knowledge. Luckily, a friend of mine suggested checking out this ranking of healthcare translators - and I've already highlighted my favorites. I think this is a good solution.
So that's why my bam files look like garbled nonsense when I open them in a text editor. They are in Latin! If only I'd been more cultured my research could have gone much faster if I could read the files instead of using all these CLI programs to translate them to genome.

Last edited by GenoMax; 03-15-2021 at 05:34 PM.
cmbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:57 AM   #4
SeoSpiderCat

I have always been interested in the genome, so I tried to learn Latin as well as possible. But lately, I have been working with medical documents in English, and I feel a lack of English knowledge. Luckily, a friend of mine suggested checking out this ranking of healthcare translators - https://isaccurate.com/healthcare-translation-services and I've already highlighted my favorites. I think this is a good solution.

Last edited by SeoSpiderCat; 03-17-2021 at 09:57 AM.
SeoSpiderCat is offline   Reply With Quote