SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
miseq beginning of r2 very poor quailty thermophile Illumina/Solexa 22 03-07-2016 11:53 AM
Newbeee needs help ... from the very beginning esuarp Clinical Sequencing 4 11-23-2015 05:51 AM
Do nuclei need to be isolated at beginning of prep? ASL Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 04-11-2013 02:14 PM
The Beginning of the End for Exome Sequencing dongzw Complete Genomics 9 07-17-2012 06:04 AM
Help in beginning to understand data analysis arunkh General 9 01-20-2012 01:47 AM

Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
s_farraj

Default Low QC for R2 from beginning

Hi all,

I made 2 runs on Miseq using 300cycles (2X150). I used 2 different library preparation kits. One of them KAPA RNA Hyper prep and the second one Nextera dna flex library prep. The both libraries were normalized manually after I checked their quality by bioanalyzer. the first library was 10pM conc. and the other one 12pM (like the kit recommend). In both runs I got the same problem. The reads of R2 became low from beginning (the pic. attached will clarify the problem).
Plz if anyone has an explanation for this result, tell me.

Many thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture2.jpg (47.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Picture3.jpg (52.9 KB, 16 views)
s_farraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
GSviral

Hi,

It looks to me that your run is borderline overclustered from the second image. V2 chemistry recommends a clustering range of 1000 - 1200 K/mm2. This is probably why you are seeing a drop in read quality in R2. You might find the same libraries, loaded at 8 - 9 pM, would bring your clustering within range and produce better quality data.

I've had some success with slight overclustering using MiSeq V2 chemistry (~1350 K/mm2) still returning really great data but this seems to be dependent on the type of library being sequenced.
GSviral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #3
s_farraj

Hi GSviral,

Thanks for your reply.

I also have successful runs with 300cycle where the cluster density overpassed 1400K/mm2 but it is the first time for me to see the quality of R2 like that from beginning.
s_farraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:32 AM   #4
GSviral

Good to hear that those higher cluster densities can still produce good quality data.

Unfortunately it's hard to predict, one library can produce completely different metrics to another at those densities (and indeed within the specified density range). Since it's only the last 2 runs you have seen this quality drop in R2 I can only say to reduce the cluster density and see if the problem still exists. I would be more concerned if you had seen this quality drop in the last 10 runs consistently, then it may be a fault with library preparation or the machine itself.
GSviral is offline   Reply With Quote