No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiSeq run with low Q30 and high cluster PF

Hi all,

Could anybody give me an idea or though on the following?

I made a run with the MiSeq using the TrueSeq LT kit and 151 cycles. It was an amplicon library with 3 different DNA, everyone with his own index. The run has very low Q30, around 6%, but has Clusters PF (passing filter) of 85%. The number of clusters is around 1100 K/mm2. Moreover, no reads were identified.

Could have been the PhiX? it was set at 15% but not freshly made, only two weeks old (protocol recommendation is 3 weeks max).

Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated. Bye.

You should contact Illumina tech support. They should be able to do a remote login and look at this run. That may be the fastest way to diagnose what is going on with this run.

That said: What do you mean by "no reads were identified (no sequence or did the samples not demultiplex)" when you had 85% clusters that passed filter (leaving the Q30 aside for now since this was an amplicon run).

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      That said: What do you mean by "no reads were identified (no sequence or did the samples not demultiplex)" when you had 85% clusters that passed filter (leaving the Q30 aside for now since this was an amplicon run).
      Thanks for your advice. About your comment, it should have said no Index were identified. I have 18,096,508 reads but none is assigned to an index.

Anyone has experienced something like this before?

Comment

If you are sure that the index read has worked and for some reason the demultiplexing did not then you can:

a) Try to re-run the analysis with MiSeq reporter or if that does not work
        b) try doing the basecalling/demultiplexing using bcltofastq on a separate unix server (for ref: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39153)

In any case first see what Tech Support says (I see that you are in Chile but hopefully there is a way to contact the tech support either local or the one in US).

Comment

If you are sure that the index read has worked and for some reason the demultiplexing did not then you can:

a) Try to re-run the analysis with MiSeq reporter or if that does not work
          b) try doing the basecalling/demultiplexing using bcltofastq on a separate unix server (for ref: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39153)

In any case first see what Tech Support says (I see that you are in Chile but hopefully there is a way to contact the tech support either local or the one in US).
          I will try your suggestion, however I'm worried about the quality score. It could improve if I do the basecalling/demultiplexing with bcltofastq? or I just will recover the index?

Comment

Was this a reagent V2 or V3 run? 1100 clusters/mm^2 may be bad news for the tag read if these are V2 reagents. You may have to repeat the run in that case. Tech support can determine if the run was overloaded by looking at the thumbnails.

Comment

Was this a reagent V2 or V3 run? 1100 clusters/mm^2 may be bad news for the tag read if these are V2 reagents. You may have to repeat the run in that case. Tech support can determine if the run was overloaded by looking at the thumbnails.
              Bad news indeed, it was a V2 run. Some thumbnails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s_1_1111_a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	304403

Name:	s_1_1111_c.jpg
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	304404

Name:	s_1_1111_g.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	304405

Name:	s_1_1111_t.jpg
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	304406

Comment

You can push cluster numbers beyond the recommended limits (http://www.illumina.com/systems/mise...fications.ilmn) for normal sequencing but in case of multiplexing one runs the risk on losing the run (like in this case, even though actual sequence reads are probably acceptable).

If these are amplicons you should stay within (lower end of) the recommended limits (800-900 clusters/mm^2 for V2).
                Last edited by GenoMax; 01-08-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Look at the base diversity of read 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
                    Look at the base diversity of read 1.
                    Is way off to A and T. I should repeat it, however it is wise tu use the same library?

Could PhiX be the problem as stated before?

Comment

Can you post a FastQC plot of the distribution?

Irrespective of not being able to demultiplex the data does the sequence you have look to be the right mix of what you expect? If it is not then you should think twice about resequencing the same library.

Comment

Hi There,

I am running my bacterial sample using MiSeq V3. After 70 of 600 cycles, it showed cluster density is 1092K/mm, cluster passing filter 91.4% and the >=Q30 is 96%. Do you think that the run is going well?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimul View Post
                          Hi There,

I am running my bacterial sample using MiSeq V3. After 70 of 600 cycles, it showed cluster density is 1092K/mm, cluster passing filter 91.4% and the >=Q30 is 96%. Do you think that the run is going well?
                          So far yes.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:07 PM
                          0 responses