Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab temperature and HiSeq performance

We are just preparing our lab for the installation of a HiSeq. We are in an older building so have some concern about the +/- 2C temperature requirements during the length of the run. I am wondering if anyone has any comments on how important this temperature control is.

We were told by the Illumina engineers that there wasn't a temperature requirement for the HiSeq since the flowcell plate is actively temperature regulated (as opposed to our GA2, which has a peltier unit that comes on and off).

Disclaimer: This is what our lab manager told me.
    Last edited by Lee Sam; 08-16-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

The site prep guide for the HiSeq says that the lab temp must be 19-25C and that the temp cannot vary more than +/-2C during a run.

Comment

I saw this thread when both my FAS and engineer were on site this past Friday and when asked they both said the Hiseq was indeed temperature sensitive.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Illumina. dhinerfeld is spot-on. The room temp must always be 22 +/- 3 and cannot exceed +/-2 during a run. And that does NOT mean it's ok for the temp to swing above 25.
          Last edited by scrosby; 10-05-2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

From what our FAS has told us, 68F (20 c) is the sweet spot for the HiSeq's; this isn't as important with respect to the flow cell as it is with respect to the lasers/other components. I personally start getting nervous when I start seeing the ambient temp edging into 69, and if it were to ever hit 71 I'd call facilities.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
              Yesterday, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses