Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Blast2GO blastX and annotation

I did a blastX using Blast2GO tool against non redundant NCBI protein database for 13569 contigs of the sequences of Trypanosoma congolense fasta transcripts sequences I downloaded from the TrytripDB. I only got results for 1356 sequences. I used the cloud for the Blast2GO pro. I want to perform functional and enrichment analysis of my transcriptome data. I don't know why this has happened. Could someone help me how to go about it.
    Thanks,
    Erick

Hi, some questions which might help.

How many sequences got significant (good) blast results? There are several charts in Blast2GO which might help: the amount of hits you got for each seq, the e-value distribution and the similarity distribution.
    Second thing is the mapping. How many of your blast hit got linked with gene ontology terms (i.e. how many sequences turned green)? Of course, you can not annotated more sequences than that.
    Once we know these things we might find out what your issue is.

In general, if you get low annotation coverage you could try to run InterPro Scan which might give you additional functional information based on domains. The order is: Blast, Map, Annotate, InterProScan and finally Merge InterProScan based annotations to existing ones.

I guess you used default parameters throughout the analysis - because obviously a change of these can also affect the annotation performance in terms of quantity and quality.

Comment

which software and parameters you used for gene prediction? you said "for 13569 contigs of the sequences of", did you mean you blasted the contigs directly against nr database?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
      0 responses