SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
program which can make a pair end to have equal number of sequence dejavu2010 Bioinformatics 25 03-19-2014 07:45 AM
Folding RNA (urgent) renesh Bioinformatics 1 01-16-2013 03:07 PM
failed to install pysam shown below andy123 Bioinformatics 3 03-27-2011 03:29 AM
BWA --> SAM: sequence shown of strand where it maps shown Calle Bioinformatics 0 10-13-2010 03:33 PM
In Sequence: Illumina GA’s Deep Coverage Shown to Be Useful for Profiling, Discovery Newsbot! Illumina/Solexa 0 02-26-2008 03:20 PM

Old 04-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
vixensjlin

Question Could I make any RNA folding pages shown with pre-filled sequence in URL?

It is a odd question, I know, please let me explain it.

When you do a blast on line, there are two ways:

1. You go to NCBI Blast website, copy and paste a sequence and click "submit".

2. You can have a URL containing a sequence like the following one, the resulting page is pre-filled with sequence, No copy&paste required. You just need to click "submit"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/Blast.cgi?QUERY=ctgcagatcgtgcatagcgtcatgctagtcagtcga&AUTO_FORMAT=Fullauto&FORMAT_TYPE=HTML&PROGRAM=blastn&CLIENT=web&PAGE=Nucleotides

My question is: are there any RNA folding prediction sites can accept this kind of URL containing sequence? I couldn't find such info in mfold server or Vienna RNA webserver. Thanks a lot
vixensjlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
GenoMax

If your intent is to submit multiple jobs to a server why not acquire mfold software license (free for academics) and run the software locally?
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
vixensjlin

Actually, I don't plan to submit many jobs simultaneously. Maybe several at most. Really appreciate if anybody know how to send sequence in URL for RNA folding estimation.
vixensjlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
koustavpal

Usually most rna folding servers have a limit to the length of sequence they will fold online, otherwise you can just download the vienna-rna package and just do it yourself, its a real cinch.

If you still want to do it online, as most servers usually use POST for fetching such data you can write a LWP or Curl script to do the same job for you.
koustavpal is offline   Reply With Quote