Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNA-seq: Population diversity for a gene based on normalized counts?

Hi all,

A little Bioinformatics/Population Genetics question. I have a list of significant differentially expressed genes from two experimental conditions (each with 5 biological replicates). I have compared this to DE genes reported in previous literature (about 6 studies) to see how consistent these are, which I have done nicely using upSetR.

What I want to do now is to see if consistency in literature correlates with consistency in the experimental group, e.g. if a gene is upregulated in all biological replicates in condition 2, is it more likely to be reported in the majority of the other studies as opposed to a gene which is upregulated in only 3 out of the 5 replicates. To do this, I thought of converting my normalized counts for each DE gene (about 150 genes) into some sort of diversity index and visualizing this against literature consistency.

Does anyone know how to do this? In my undergrad studies I briefly dabbled in population genetics in regards to repeat polymorphisms using Fixation Index and diversity index but I am not sure how to apply this to normalized counts (e.g. 600cpm, 200cpm) instead of genotype (e.g. AA, AT).

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses